Updates on September 15, 2026 (Release 1523)

  • :tada: improve RAM use in city sync code, allowing me to turn that back on
    • I think there are other ways that I can still speed things up, but this is good for now
    • my unreliable guesstimates put the global cadence at about 1-3 months - I’ve seen anywhere from 1600 to 3300 cities updated per day lately
  • :sweat_smile: temporarily exclude top 20 most populated cities from regular syncing
    • the updated city sync process is a bit more data/memory intense, so I’ve got the biggest dangers excluded for now
    • I want to let the sync process run for a while, so cities can get their updates
    • after things are in a nice spot, I’ll pause syncing again, push through these large cities, and monitor resource usage to see how careful I really need to be
  • :hammer_and_wrench: stop repositioning the map when navigating to the Route Builder page
  • :hammer_and_wrench: update Garmin authentication to meet their end-of-year deadline
    • there shouldn’t be any visible difference (one person noticed duplicate Garmin entries in their Settings page while I was working on the transition)
    • this included a fix for an authentication issue when the Garmin Connect app is installed
  • :nerd_face: add a script for myself to handles cases where Streets display the wrong node count (e.g. indicates 20 nodes on the page but shows 2 on the map) … If you notice cases where the count is wrong, let me know and I can clean it up (as far as I can see, this is an issue that was resolved some time ago)
  • :hammer_and_wrench: fix a few places where pagination could produce duplicate results across pages
  • :hammer_and_wrench: fix an issue where people who just became a Supporter might have their LifeMap cleared out … it could happen if they became a Supporter while there was an unusual delay in the Supporter LifeMap rebuild queue
  • :hammer_and_wrench: fix a bug when removing a manually completed street while its city is syncing … only I saw this one, but the result was that certain jobs would hang indefinitely
  • :hammer_and_wrench: fix a bug with Route GPX downloaded file names where some browsers/devices would give a route-name.gpx.xml file instead of route-name.gpx
  • :hammer_and_wrench: fix the special Challenge pages (e.g. Nodevember) to properly show the last event’s results while the next event is upcoming within the same year
  • :paintbrush: fix a few weird line height cut-off issues
  • :paintbrush: fix dark mode text color on Links page
  • :nerd_face: various software updates
13 Likes

If you notice cases where the count is wrong, let me know and I can clean it up

I’ve noticed several of these over time, but here’s one I ran today:

It showed completed on the street page, but incomplete on the city page. I marked it manually complete as I’ve started doing for roads that don’t complete as they should.

1 Like

Let me know if that worked - it was my first use of the new script…

1 Like

It’s fixed, thanks!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Activities missing on map

Thanks @JamesChevalier for the updates

If you notice cases where the count is wrong, let me know and I can clean it up

There is this street Bangatan with 7 nodes but for some reason 8 is expected.

Bangatan in the city Skurups kommun, Skåne län - CityStrides

Hmm… The count isn’t off - there are 7 nodes and it thinks it has 7 nodes … something else happened here …

Oh, it’s currently syncing - let’s hold off on anything until that’s done. Stats can go funky as it creates/deletes data during the sync…

1 Like

sync complete. Indeed its strange because atleast now it shows that its 100% complete but still sits under in progress. I also checked if there is another street with the same name in the city but there is none.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Confusion with city list

Hey, the problem I encountered this morning looks like the same problem: 100% of nodes complete, but street not considered complete

Here’s a situation showing all nodes completed on the map (in particular Hillside Ave and Oceanview Terrace) but then the city isn’t completed: CityStrides

I believe I have a few examples of the node discrepancy. These three are showing as incomplete on the city page but complete on the street page.

https://citystrides.com/users/4360/cities/11921

  1. Olson Frontage Road - CityStrides
  2. Olson Memorial Highway Service Road - CityStrides
  3. Tyrol Trail - CityStrides

edit: guessing you may have ran something since these three were completed for me today :slight_smile:

It is quite strange. At first, it was 8 nodes but only 7 were visible for this street.

Then at some point it changed to 7 nodes, all completed but still in progress. @JamesChevalier

Would you mind giving us the list of the 20 paused cities? I’m in Chicago and trying to complete the city on Hard Mode, and there are some very distant neighborhoods I don’t want to finish until I confirm streets that ought to disappear in the next update actually do (previously marked as public but have private/no trespassing signs so marked on OSM as private, for example). I wouldn’t be shocked if Chicago was a top 20 Citystrider-populated city; just trying to calibrate expectations! Thanks!