Updates on October 5, 2026 (Release 1536)

There’s not a ton of big stuff to announce, but a few people were affected by the Updates on August 22, 2026 (Release 1514) change to remove 200+ mile activities. I was able to figure out a way to safely revert that change, so I wanted to let people affected know that they can sync those back in now.

  • :hammer_and_wrench: rework some code in the city sync process to reduce RAM use for wonky activities
  • :hammer_and_wrench: remove 200 mile limit; retain 200 mile processing limit that’s been in place since 2022
    • if you had activities removed because of that, a sync will bring them back in
    • these activities don’t get processed for completed/progressed streets (and haven’t since 2022) … I haven’t heard from a single person asking about that, so I can only assume it’s not a problem
  • :hammer_and_wrench: remove 30 day wait on city boundary updates; the city sync will update the border each time now
  • :paintbrush: add a progress bar to incomplete streets in city-based Challenges
  • :hammer_and_wrench: remove the toggle pin button for our default city (the default city cannot be un-pinned; you can change your default city if you want to remove it from your pinned city list)
  • :hammer_and_wrench: change the pinned city list to place our default city first
  • :paintbrush: add a ‘home’ icon to our default city list item
  • :hammer_and_wrench: block zero-duration activities (where the activity’s total time is 0 seconds)
  • :bug: fix an issue with the nightly planet update running out of disk space
  • :bug: fix a bug that caused some activities to not properly update progress in Challenges
  • :bug: fix a bug that caused failed contact submissions to lose the submitted form data
  • :bug: fix bug that left LifeMap displayed when navigating from certain page
  • :bug: fix a few places around contrast accessibility (I still have a lot of work to do here)
  • :bug: fix some form fields not displaying nicely in dark mode
  • :nerd_face: rework how I create cities to use the existing sync code instead of custom “creation” code
  • :nerd_face: various software updates
7 Likes

Something wrong today with the list of city sync under Status, formatting error

https://community.citystrides.com/t/long-activity-should-have-a-hundred-or-more-streets-progressed-but-only-says-2/27600?u=steven.mcmillian

:smiling_face_with_tear: I’d like those streets back if it is possible :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah, I ran a tool that showed me a bunch of invalid HTML (that I suppose browsers just handled/fixed on their own, because there weren’t any actual display issues) … When I fixed this, I accidentally mushed up some styles that shouldn’t have been carried over.
The next release fixes that up.

I clicked sync in a few spots yesterday but didn’t see any changes to the street completion and progression of Steven McMillian's activity on April 25, 2024 - CityStrides .
Could you do your magic on your side like last time? Whatever you did in my previous link from the prior year.

I’m sorry. I rushed through responding & didn’t follow your link to our previous conversation.

I changed the code to allow 200+ mile activities to be processed again … I’ve got a sync-blocker that stops 15mph+ activities in, which I think should solve a lot of problems around cycling/drives/flights & I’ve since improved overall processing in a way that I think it’ll be safe to allow these through.

After I release that code, I’ll send your activity in for reprocessing.

1 Like