I’ve been releasing things over the past ~month, but I haven’t been posting here.
I’m most excited about the upcoming Nodevember Challenge. It’s a free challenge that everyone is automatically added to. It will run throughout November, where we see who can complete the most streets and how many streets we can collectively complete.
I’ve also updated the Challenge pages to display your progressed/completed streets, regardless of whether the challenge is for a specific city.
- created a new Nodevember page, similar to the one for Global Running Day … the top 5 list and the points on the map will live update throughout the month of November as activities are saved/processed
- added your lists of progressed and completed streets to challenge pages
- set up a chat feature in the forum; the “Water Station” entry in the left column under “Channels” is the first addition, meant as a general chat … more topic-focused channels can be added in the future, if it works out to be a useful feature
- add single activity sync for Runkeeper in your Settings page
- updated the OSM query to ignore more indoor tags
- remove mention of Google Adsense in the ‘privacy’ page since that was removed long ago
- adjustments to Runkeeper sync code to stay within their rate limit
- change how “sync now” works for Runkeeper accounts; it now only gets the newest ~90 activities and then stops, meant more for syncing just-saved activities … the daily full history sync will bring in older activities & the single activity sync doesn’t have limitations
- various speed improvements
- improve challenge searching
- various adjustments that let me better keep up with OSM changes to city records (some edits in OSM result in the referenced data being deleted, etc)
- various GlobalRunningDay fixes/improvements
- pause MapMyFitness accounts with lost access
- fix a bug that made it look like you weren’t able to change your default city
- fix a bug where some pagination would cause records to be skipped
- fix to properly color markers in challenge pages
- update icons across the site
- various design fixes/improvements
- package updates