Updates on June 24, 2022 (Release 572)

• :new: add Friends feature
  • :hammer_and_wrench: remove the “friends” privacy option; friend sharing is implicit
  • :hammer_and_wrench: further improvements to not syncing activities that have no GPS data
  • :hammer_and_wrench: delete inaccessible (non-paused) MapMyFitness accounts after 1month (with 4 warning emails)
  • :bug: don’t show yourself as private in challenges if your account privacy level is “just me”
  • :paintbrush: various improvements to the Global Running Day event
  • :paintbrush: minor improvement to leaderboard markers
  • :paintbrush: slight reorganization in the top right menu
  • :nerd_face: package updates
9 Likes

No news about the Friends feature. I am still hoping the privacy setting will be automatically changed. It is one thing to accept friendship, it is another to go into the settings to properly set the option, and some people just don’t take the time to do that last step.
It reminds me of the very nice Flybys feature in Strava that became almost useless after they decided to remove it from the default option.

1 Like

I’m confused about what news you’re waiting for. The friends feature exists, it was added in this release. The privacy changes went through as well.

Let me know what info you need, so I can be sure it’s available - maybe in my next release notes.

I can’t access the activities or the lifemap of my friend. Should I unfriend and friend again then?

Ah! No, unfriend/refriend isn’t going to help. The core issue, as is usually the case, is that I made a mistake. I didn’t update some areas of the code that are currently choosing between public/private … I need to update them to also account for friends.
Looks like it’s the same issue that Kirsty reported 2 weeks ago. I’ll focus on those areas for the next release.

3 Likes

Where is the friend feature? I can see an empty page for “Friend Requests”. I’ve searched the site, but there is no option to request friends.

Go to the profile page of the person you want to befriend.

https://citystrides.com/users/1

Click the button that says “Friend”

Clipboard01