I’ve done a number of tests with the map this month. Initially, it produced some very bad experiences. I worked with a lot of you to improve that, but ultimately returned to the original service/style. I suspect there may be some people who liked where the style ended up (or certain aspects of it) more than the original style. I’ve learned a ton about map styling this month, so I’m happy to continue improving this for everyone.
- Big shout-out to Mapbox Community for coming through with sponsorship that made this possible
- add the ability to not show the Node Hunter warning that’s displayed if you try Node Hunter while zoomed out too far
- change the service that provides routes for Route Builder
- various code improvements/fixes; mostly stuff that makes my life better, but isn’t seen by you
- update the node design on the map to colored circles with white borders
- use the new ability to preload tiles on map animations, so there shouldn’t be blank sections when moving far distances
- (hopefully) fix issue where streets weren’t being un-marked as complete when the city update code created new nodes
- fix to auto-hide the Node Hunter warning that displays if you use it while zoomed out too far
- fixed an issue in changing your card in the Billing section of the Settings page
- package updates
- some code changes for upcoming software updates
Edit for clarity: I completely understand that the move back to Mapbox did change some style updates that people have grown to enjoy. The two major differences are a more grayscale map, which highlights your LifeMap much better & the display of city borders on the map. I am looking into my options.