The biggest piece of this release is a brand new Route Builder tool. Supporters can access this from any map throughout the site - I think it most closely aligns with your city view page, though (from your Profile, click a city you’re working on).
This tool (the new ‘line’ button on the map) lets you click out a route, indicating its total distance as you build it. You can show/hide your LifeMap while you’re working on it & also show/hide any streets as well. Click the
? icon in the popup for some more info & caveats.
Your collection of created Routes are accessible in the top right menu. There is some possibility of sharing Routes in the future - for now, that page only lists your own.
Visit a Route while you’re out on a run & click the ‘crosshairs’ button on the map - it’ll place you wherever you are, to help you find your way along your Route in case you’ve made it a bit to complicated.
I have absolutely no idea if I’ve done this correct or in a useful way, but, these Routes are also downloadable as GPX files (assuming I’ve done this correctly). Let me know here: Issues with GPX files from Routes if you have any trouble with that.
The conversation for this feature is over here: Add a route suggester/builder
- Route builder
- update counters after deleting things
- re-add ability to show/hide LifeMap on city page
- added a delay in the global update process, shortly before recalculating progress
- rework some code that was causing issues during big signup spikes & potentially causing things to be slower than they needed to be
- don’t show the single-sync activity UI for services that are paused
- package updates