Alright, there’s a lot in here - a little bit spread across almost the entire site.
The Challenges are making some steps towards being completely open for all Subscribers to create their own. I think I need to do some 1:1 testing with some of you before opening it open completely. Expect a new post requesting volunteers soon.
The Route Builder gets the ability to let people view the Route if they have the URL for it. You still shouldn’t consider these routes “secret” in any way, because these URLs are very easy to guess. Consider a Route that has sharing enabled “basically public”. You can also edit the name/share setting of any existing Route.
I’ve got the very beginnings of an email notification system in place. We’re starting with email notifications of activity delete requests finishing - it can take some time for these requests to complete, so this email alert will take away the guessing. I’ll be creating a ‘notifications’ post in #ideas soon; I want to make sure these are useful to you & not just noise.
- remove the 3 month sync limit that I put in place while hitting Strava rate limits
- split Challenges list so active & past challenges are in separate tabs
- make progress in opening up personal Challenges
- allow endless Challenges
- add slow queue to status page
- add a ‘deleted activity’ email notification
- add a Notifications section to the Settings page
- add the ability to search streets in Challenge pages
- allow sharable routes
- allow route editing (just name & sharing for now)
- calculate the current time every LifeMap load (I’m hoping this fixes the issue where activities don’t appear on the LifeMap right away)
- fix an issue with the card change form not displaying in the Billing section of the Settings page
- show ‘clear browser data’ button to non-subscribers in the Settings page
- fix single activity sync UI display in the Settings page
- package & programming language updates