Supporter badge more obvious: redux

You closed the last thread, so I am opening a new one.

Firstly: I know you added an actual smiley “badge” for supporters, but I want my username to show to the freeloaders that I am supporting the site, encouraging them to do the same.

For example. Lichess:

Everyone gets this awesome WING OF ICARUS. I want that on CityStrides. I even miss my subtle purple underline of yore.

Secondly: You give the patron badge, but you don’t take it away when it expires. I wanted to gift some subscriptions, but from what I can tell, there’s no way for me to know if they donated once, or are still a premium member.

I wonder if I can add the supporter badge graphic to the user card somewhere, or if this should be a new design element.

I remember the purple underline! I could re-add some border fun for Supporters…

There’s probably some room for some avatar-based fun, as well - something like Discord’s avatar decorations:

I’m not a designer, though, so I hesitate to attempt that.

1 Like

Yeah, I struggled with how to handle this… It definitely highlights the need to somehow highlight people as current Supporters.

I did build gifts in a way that will append any existing subscription/payment. If they’re prepaid, then they get months added … If they’re on a subscription, then their account gets the credit applied - so even if they pay yearly, they’ll pay a reduced amount when that renews.

:person_facepalming: Just realizing that I did not build a display in the Billing section of the Settings page to show this account credit. I’ll see about adding that soon.

1 Like

I really like those discord “decorations”, and they work well on CityStrides because your profile pic circle is so prominent everywhere.

Go for it, Front-End-Dev, I believe in you!

1 Like

Turn on hard mode and you’re always showing you’re a supporter :slight_smile:

Thanks for your vote of confidence! I was able to get the blue shadow highlighting and the Avatar Decorations released today. You can choose from a dozen designs in your Settings page.

You can also read a little more (emphasis on little) here: Avatar Decorations Supporter Feature - CityStrides

2 Likes

Just here to celebrate the rapid user suggestion, dev review, prototyping, and release. This isn’t real life.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to preview the change when clicking on the style rather than having to save to see it? Also I think the option of not having one would be nice, just to not force it on people.

2 Likes

Killing it.

Bug report:

Mr. Morin’s decoration not located correctly, it seems, in this “friend request” review page?

Additionally, it looks like the friends list is pretty borked as well
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 12.10.11 PM

I fixed up the odd display I found, which I’m hoping also fixed up the display you found … and hopefully didn’t break other stuff :grimacing:

1 Like