Street count excluding dead ends - lighter version of a city

As I am very close to completing my city (just 7 out of 1406 streets to go) I am actually unsure I can really keep doing “everything” as would need to drive somewhere every time now to get to the next “city” although I do already short of having to do a half marathon to tick off just one street.

What however would be good is if there was a “lighter” version of a city where perhaps dead ends were excluded as then, especially in large rural “cities”, you could do more “normal” training loops and still try and get good coverage of a city.

Indeed now I look at my general heat map, I think oh have never run around “there”, I will do a loop there one day to fill in an obvious completely clear area.

I have also a few loose ends, and I had quite a few when the big OSM update was executed in oktober '19. So i had a lot of runs during that time that were within my training/load, and i made sure some of those loose ends were part of it. That way I could set my earlier completed cities again back to 100%

I also have some loose ends still at the moment and only one street in a city relatively far away where there was a road block due to wreckage work on some old buildings at the first time i passed there. So one day soon i have to go over there and for that i will create a nice run of some considerable km’s to make it worth while. It’s all part of the game of city completions imho.

1 Like