Settings feature: define home page

While bookmarking is a solution in some situations, it is not always an option. For example, if you save CityStrides to the home screen in iOS to make it act like an app (see Create a CityStrides app - #30 by davemorin), you are unable to change the URL that opens by default. This is the base URL, i.e., https://citystrides.com. Thus, you cannot avoid being taken to the homepage.

Obviously there are ways to avoid having to see the home page in many setups and it is “just a few clicks” to get to other pages. So it is not a major problem. I just find the design choice confusing, as I imagine it is not only me that got confused about the new home page. More so I would not think that most logged in users will actually look at this page when going to CityStrides. To illustrate the point, this choice is almost equivalent to Strava or Garmin showing a page prompting you to join their service, rather than showing you (as a logged in user) your feed or dashboard. Or if Facebook, Twitter or Instagram showed you a page aimed at getting you to join, rather than your feed and you had to click twice to see your feed.