Remove "successfully ..." pop-ups

Recommendations:

• Remove “Successfully authenticated from Strava” pop-up
  • Remove “Successfully logged out” pop-up

The site is slow, and every click and step should be treated with the utmost respect. Even waiting 1 or 2 extra seconds for the pop-up to animate, dim the screen, and disappear, is painful. Recommend just removing them, it should be clear enough that you’re logged out or logged in.

M.

Thanks! I need to get a better view of which pages/interactions are the most painful for you/others. I have a service wired up to help me with this, but I don’t think it’s helping me enough.

Anyone else who comes across this thread - feel free to share your most painful interaction with the site.

The piece of this feedback that has me the most twisted is the comment:

Even waiting 1 or 2 extra seconds for the pop-up to animate, dim the screen, and disappear, is painful.

:confounded: Does it really animate for two whole seconds for you? That’s hideous! :frowning:

Should it disappear by itself? It never does that for me on chrome, or at least didn’t for at least 10 seconds, after that I gave up waiting

I’d be quite happy to live without the pop-up, unless something didn’t work as expected (login-error and such)

I don’t know if I would call anything painful without reason for me. I’m not on the site 24/7, but I usually don’t have an issue with rendering speed on anything.

Sometimes I don’t want to have patience waiting for new streets to be processed, but I understand the queue backs up. Also wish I could view my lifemap on my mobile devices. I’m sure that’s due the lack of memory in the device, and not anything to do with the site itself. I know a city view is really just a zoomed in portion of the full map, which takes a lot to render. I don’t know if maybe there’s a way to restrict the map to JUST the city, so we can overlay of lifemap without taking so many resources to render?

I think a pain point would be modifying bad street nodes so they don’t count against us. Last I saw you had thousands of corrections to process, which is pretty hard for 1 person to get through.

Turning on and off my life map for the currently selected city is a bit of an annoyance. I really just visit the site to find a nice new running spot, the map itself without overlays is also available on google/Apple maps :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for all your great work!

Ah! Here it is!
Yeesh … it took me since January to actually get to this. :flushed:

The popups now don’t block the site interaction, are shoved into the top right corner, and automatically go away after a few seconds.