Ragnar Reach The Beach 2021 Lifemap

This weekend, my friend and I completed the 200 mile relay race Ragnar: Reach The Beach that begins in the White Mountains and finishes at the Atlantic coast. Normally it is done in teams of 6 or 12 but we did it with just 2, becoming the first 2-person team to complete the race in the time limit in 10 years…it was extremely difficult on our bodies, but one of the things that motivated me was how cool my Lifemap would look when I was done! So I present to the CityStrides community: 200 miles of roads done in a 36 hour period (102 each, we both did the last 4-mile leg to crossed the finish line together). Since we are both on CityStrides, it would be so cool if we could combine the LifeMaps with multiple colors to visualize this in a beautiful way, just saying :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh, and all that only completed 43 new streets for me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy:

Holy smokes, that is an amazing accomplishment, congrats man! Now I want to see them stitched together too. I have a few of those lifemap runs that I like to see zoomed way out for perspective.

1 Like

Congrats! That’s quite an achievement.

1 Like

Awesome! Looks like you had some long legs in there, doing a couple legs straight before switching.

1 Like

Yes, in order to give the ‘off’ runner some time to refuel and rest, we split it up in 2-4 race legs at a time of distances in the range of ~9-15 mi.

1 Like

I’ve done that race. That’s crazy, but congrats!

1 Like