Portions of some streets extend onto private property

In Wallingford, CT the last three nodes on Tankwood Road are on private property beyond a locked gate. Also, Chalet Dr in Citystrides is actually Miles Dr and the nodes extend into a private corporation driveway

As you may know, the CityStrides map is derived from OpenStreetMap, so these features need to be edited there. I was able to independently verify that at least the north-south section of Chalet Drive is actually Miles Drive, so I went into OSM and edited that.

However, the most recent images on Google View did not indicate that that curved section is unrunnable, and I could not verify the name of that section, so I did not edit that. (It looks like a road, not a private drive.) You could go ahead and do that, if you are confident.

Similarly, I was not able to establish exactly where Tankwood Rd ends, so I did not edit that myself.

If you look at the satellite view you can clearly see that Miles Dr ends at a cul-de-sac where it turns west into private commercial property. Also at the end of Tankwood you can see the gate on the satellite view that blocks the road.

Also, I work for the town and can verify that Chalet Dr is not an official town road (again its a commercial driveway). Google Maps has Tankwood depicted correctly ending well short of that shown on OSM.

I see the gate you mention separating Tankwood Road from the private driveway, and have made those edits.

I see the cul-de-sac, but it is by no means clear (to me) where Miles Drive ends, and where a possibly private driveway begins. So, I don’t see enough evidence for myself to be comfortable editing the features. But, as I mentioned, you can go ahead and do that yourself.

FYI, it could be a private road, but still be in CS.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I already ran Miles and “Chalet” in any case.