New: Pause syncing

I revoked all my accesses and cleared my cache. Is there a way to clear the lifemap? I would like to start all over with just my Garmin data. Starva and MapMyRun where both not complete. Now that Garmin historical data is available I would prefer to only display Garmin data. With integrating all three apps my lifemap has several triplicate runs but the street count was low and didn’t match. It was making me crazy. Thank you!

I think if the goal is to remove all previous runs, you go to strava and MMF and revoke access from their side. It is set up (for privacy reasons) that when your revoke access, CS sees that and takes it all away.

If you haven’t done it yet, you might not want to hit the garmin full account sync button until after all the other activities are no longer showing on your account. My understanding is that it will not create an activity from Garmin on CS if an activity already exists on your account (from another service like Strava or MMF)

Delete comment

Hey,

Love CityStrides! Thanks for a cool tool!
I would like the Strava sync feature improved further.

Due to past tracking issues have I started to record walk activities using both my Apple Watch and the Strava mobile app. I upload both to Strava (the second one after exporting and deleting the first one while having the activity page open for comparison).

Currently, I can either have automatic syncing on, and then having to delete the bogus activities manually, and since deleting activities from CityStrides seem to still be bugged/take a long time if it happens at all, am I currently disabling and then re-enabling syncing until I’ve uploaded the “final activity” to Strava.

This is tedious… it should be possible to disable automatic sync without disabling the connection to Strava all-together (so I can manually sync the activity afterwards).

To summarize: Make it possible to pause syncing while keeping the “Sync Single Strava Activity” feature open.

Does that make sense?

1 Like

I also would love to see a possibility like @marius.flugsrud says here for the exact same reason. But I will share my work-around:

I also fix the GPS trace on my wildly-off activities, and was having to delete/reupload/resync from Garmin. Recently I started training with TrainingPeaks which also pulls my Garmin data, so I don’t want to be filling it up with superfluous activities, and same for my Strava. So what I did was disable all of these services and create a Runkeeper account just for CityStrides, since I don’t use Runkeeper otherwise - and critically, I did not connect my Garmin to Runkeeper. Now, I simply export from Garmin, fix my gpx, upload to Runkeeper, and then do ‘sync now’ on CityStrides. It works pretty well, although there does seem to be some delay on activities appearing on my LifeMap even after they are processed, but they do eventually show up.