I would create a separate page for leaderboards. Showing just 4 people for the current week or month is less motivating than a more robust separate page for the leaders based on a multitude of options. I give some options below.
Have tabs or dropdowns selectors for:
- All time completed road leaders (maybe show the top 50) then show your ranking and percentile. For example I might be 453 out of 1200 (top 37%)
- Do the same as above but for the current month and/or rolling last 30 days (Strava has that monthly distance challenge for example with your ranking and the top people)
- Do the same for the current year and/or rolling 12 months.
- Obviously the same applies the the current week as well since you have that already
- Have a leader board that shows your ranking for friends (assuming that comes) by year/month/all time