New: Garmin Integration -- Available To EVERYONE

Oh, you logged into CityStrides via each service separately instead of connecting a service to an existing CityStrides account in your settings page.

I can merge those.

Hi Jim, Thank you for merging. I looked today after logging in only with Garmin that it says there are streets I have not completed and then when you click on some of the streets, it says I completed them some time ago. Would the merge give me credit for the streets ran logging in with both mapmyfitness and garmin connect. I was shocked to see that my percent completion was high and that there were streets listed as incomplete that were actually completed while using mapmyfitness.

Thank you,

Stephen Pitsch

The syncing of all my historic activities seems to be completed now since it has synced my first logged running activity ever which was in 2008.
I haven’t counted but there are potentially several hundreds of activities missing. Is it a good idea to post all missing activities here?
The problems seems to start with activities before 2016-04-30. Maybe it is easier to restart the historic sync from that point, but you have mentioned earlier that there are some issues with old activities (before 2016) that needs to be solved first.

Here is one missing activity from 2010: Garmin Connect
Anders Svan - CityStrides

Status for all years

2020-2017 Looks all good. Haven’t checked in detail but it looks ok. New activities are syncing very fast.

2016 Everything to 2016-04-30 seems ok.

2015 Almost everything missing. Only synced 5 activities in total.

2014 Almost everything missing. Only synced 1 activity in total.

2013 Everything is missing.

2012 Lots of activities are missing here as well.

2011 Everything is missing.

2010 Everything is missing.

2009 Ok. I haven’t logged any running activities so can’t really see if sync is working.

2008 Ok. Just one running activity logged which was synced.

Hi Anders (and anyone else reading along with missing activities starting ~2016)
I’m in touch with Garmin support about this, and they’ve been very responsive & helpful along the way. They’re checking back in with the developer assigned to the bug, so I hope to have an update in a few days ( :musical_note: time zones :notes: ). I’ll reply back here when I have more info.

In the meantime, we should just wait - no need to re-sync or reconnect accounts or anything; there’s nothing that any of us can do about this at this point. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi. My account is not synching from Garmin. I don’t see today’s run.

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Merging two accounts

All Garmin data before 2/2013 is not syncing. Heather Panagopoulos - CityStrides

There is an issue within Garmin for activities older than 2016 which causes them to be incapable of syncing into CityStrides. I am working with Garmin support on this issue now.

Wonderful news from Garmin:

I would like to update you, we have finally mad progress on issue regarding backfilling older activities. The solution is is code review, and should be deployed by Monday. Please try to backfill missing data on Monday and let me know if you are still having issues.

6 Likes

Great news! Thanks for sorting. Will it happen automatically or do we need to do something on Monday?

I think I’ll re-run the history sync manually for any Garmin accounts that have already run that … seems like the safest/simplest way to move forward.

4 Likes

I don’t think its a coincidence that you got this up and running and they increased your Strava limit.

3 Likes

Hi James - should the missing data be there now? It’s not for me.

Not yet - haven’t gotten to the Garmin resync yet :sweat_smile:

I’ve started this today (July 1). I have no idea what kind of load this will put on things, so I’m stepping through all the Garmin-connected accounts that have run a full history sync in groups of 250 accounts at a time. It’s quite difficult to estimate how long it will take to complete this, but I’ll update this thread when I’ve sent the last request (we’ll still need to wait on Garmin to send the data at that point).

7 Likes

hey, did you get any activities? Is the synchronization with Garmin still running?

1 Like

Still working through the backlog. It’s going to take a while.

3 Likes

Can you skip running the historic import again for my account please James? I’ve imported my missing data manually and deleted any activities with bad/missing GPS data to make my LifeMap as clean as possible, not an easy task with some of the poor GPS data from Garmin watches I’ve owned over the years! :wink:

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, I just joined yesterday as a supporting member, linking via Garmin. This looks like such an amazing project, I can’t wait to get started and make progress towards my full-city running goal. I don’t think any of my runs have percolated into CS, but I wanted to check if I need to do anything else to let the data flow. Thanks!

Your account is syncing, it just takes a very long time (and that’s without Garmin going offline :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Thanks @JamesChevalier, I appreciate the update. I’ll be as patient as I can be :slight_smile: Should I wait a week or a month before checking back? Thanks again!