Missing Road

There is a road missing in Locking, Weston Super Mare called Larkhill Road. It runs parallel to Merryfield Road and is the same length. It connects Woolvers Way and Anson Road. Please can this be added?

Sounds like a good first-time edit! About OpenStreetMap

Looked it up and found this in OSM:

Looks like a new neighbourhood in development. This road on the right is the one i guess you are referring to.
It’s not in CS because the name of the road is missing in OSM. When adding the name in OSM, and James finds time to programm an ‘update CS from OSM’ thingy, the road will come to CS.

1 Like

Yep that’s the road. It’s been there for years with no new development due on it, as a school is being built the other side of the fence.

I added a ‘note’ on OSM as couldn’t work out how to do it myself!

Addding a streetname to a street is easy enough, try it next time. Klick on ‘edit’. and klick on the street and fill in a name.

I did this now.

After this it is to wait on James developing updates from OSM coming to CS.

1 Like

Question — on my July 17 run, I completed 2 streets that didn’t show up. They were unnamed on CityStrides. I went into OSM and edited them, and now those names show up on CityStrides’ map. But they don’t show up in my completed or incomplete streets list. Will they eventually? And if so, will my previous run “count” or will I need to run them again? Thanks!

Wow, interesting! a OSM change shows up in citystrides? that’s new. Is @JamesChevalier developing change import in to CS?

ah wait, no, you see the names in the map because the rendering of the map is updated via OSM but that is not James his code. To see the streetnames in de dB of CS, James needs to build an update function to get the changes from OSM into CS.

2 Likes