% manual streets of a fellow strider

I don’t have much new to add other than reinforcing two things:

• I wish I did not identify so much with what tamworthslim wrote on Maximum number of manually complete street - #3 by tamworthslim :

I’ve completed a few cities myself and the ones where I thought I might be first to do so certainly gave me extra motivation to get out the door on cold and wet days. Literally nobody I know cares I’ve completed these cities or that I was first to do so, but to me it means something.

I haven’t reached 100% yet, but the simple fact a few people did it reduced my motivation a bit. I want to believe it’s only a small bit, but I also know I have to play mental games with myself to get out the door far more than I’d like!

I don’t think this strictly has to do with the street completion calculation, as I don’t doubt the accomplishments of the others. I only mean I would hate to take away the motivation from someone after someone else did less work. That’s when I need to remind myself “Literally nobody I know cares I’ve completed these cities”. :slight_smile:

• I’ve also avoided getting into OSM edits myself so far. I have a number of potential gated streets from my uncompleted San Francisco nodes that I have been meaning to come back to evaluating, but again, not having the drive to reach 100% there anymore also made me postpone getting the edits done in OSM.

3 Likes