Lifemap takes long time to update

My lifemap often takes up to 24h to reflect an activity. It doesn’t happen for every run, but 80%+ of activities are affected, is there a way to resolve that?
I need the closure of seeing the run on the map, otherwise I find myself constantly checking the map throughout the day to see the update :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Mine takes a variable amount of time. Sometimes a briefly as a few hours, sometimes as long as 24h. I haven’t been able to divine any correlations from my anecdotal observations.

Does the status page offer any clue?

/\ That’s the link to the status page. :slight_smile:

But for some reason it’s not opening there for me, from this post. :disappointed:

@kevincharlespels it’s mostly the variation that irritates me. I could live with a consistent offset, even if an instantaneous update would obviously be ideal. The issue has been raised before, but I wanted to see if anything had changed in the meantime…

@ericjrw there is no correlation with the status show on the status page, which adds to the confusion.

2 Likes

Yep completely agree. I’ve brought it up in the past, but was wondering if it was only because I manually sync my runs, and not a more common problem for the average CityStrides user.

1 Like
  • Supporter or non-supporter?
  • Does the activity itself appear in CityStrides with a map?

The Advanced LifeMap (for Supporters) is generated after the activity is saved. It’s the “LifeMap Delay” in the Status page, but I don’t usually see this get above a few minutes of delay - nothing like anyone in this thread is experiencing.

I’ve been going on the idea that Mapbox is caching this data, since it internally caches vector tiles. A while back, I added a query parameter to the URL for those vector tiles with a value of the current time - to keep things from being cached at all. I’ve checked with my own map & each page refresh does update that parameter & nothing indicates it’s cached in the browser tools.
:thinking:

2 Likes

I’m a supporter. The activity itself usually processes fine within 1-2 minutes with completed/progressed shown as well as the activity map. All street counts and completion percentages are also updated. Like @kevincharlespels I manually sync my runs, but since every other aspect of the sync works fine I don’t think that this is what’s causing the issue.

2 Likes