Are there any plans in the works to tweak or improve lifemap rerun? It’s something with a lot of potential but not a ton of utility as is, at least for me…whenever I click it my activities speed by so quickly I can’t really appreciate the change. It would be nice if there was a progress bar with a slider - like for a streaming video, with the axis being first → final activity. Further making it like a video interface, on my wishlist would be a speed control. If the default speed was slower, you could add another slider to make replay it slower or faster. Finally, I’d also suggest adding a play/pause button near the sliders so we can have greater temporal control over the stages of lifemap filling in.
The current LifeMap ReRun is pretty dumb. It hides all your activities, then iterates over them all (sorted by start time) at a rate of 50ms per activity, showing each one & updating the displayed text as it goes.
- Add the ability to adjust playback speed
- Add the ability to pause/resume the animation
- Add a slider that allows you to drag to a particular point in time
- Bonus Points™ for animating the slider during the playback
This all seems possible. I think the main hurdle will be designing things so it doesn’t look like a dumpster fire.
I love this idea! I’ve been thinking the same as @kevincharlespels, the animation is way too fast!
Another possible addition could be a “colour by” feature, where the activity colours cycle by month or year. This would add a nice structure to the lifemap as it builds up.
I just recorded my lifemap the other day to send to a friend using a screen capture (you could use snagit on your PC or the screen recorder app built into Android to do this). Once in video format I could pause or change the playback speed if I wanted. Maybe a workaround for you if you’re looking to do some sort of analysis of your timeline that you can’t do with the current interface.
First off I love this feature. I think I’m the one that suggested it originally. Some thoughts.
- Make the playback take the filters you have into account. If I have it filtered for 2022, then don’t show the whole timeline just the playback of the filter range.
- Pause/Stop/Reset Buttons: Once the thing is going there is no stopping it…wait until its done or refresh the page
- Speed button: Would be fantastic to speed up or slow this down
- Easier methods or sharing this on say social media. I think when I originally suggested it I thought it would be a great way for people to share their accomplishments with people bringing more exposure.
Throw your vote in here: Lifemap rerun improvements - make more like a video interface?