Improvement: Update to how activities are processed

I just reworked the way that activities are processed. This should be fantastic for new activities, but I’d like to hear from you if you’re seeing a lot of old activities that need to be processed.

In the past, I was running a huge system of going through all activities every ~3 hours to check for progress. Now, new activities are immediately processed to check for any street progress.

Here are some things that I’m worried about:

• The display of percentage completed or progressed/completed lists could still be lagged by a few hours. If you notice this delay, let me know and I’ll look into fixing that up. If I don’t hear from anyone, then I’m going to assume it’s OK so please do speak up. :smile:
  • Old activities that haven’t been processed yet aren’t being checked any more. I’ve added a ‘Reprocess’ button on each activity, in case you want it to be checked again. If you have lots of activities that need to be reprocessed, then that could be a pain - let me know if that’s the case, and I’ll do it for you.
1 Like

This is great!! It’s nice to see the new streets run right away. It’s not a big deal for the leaderboards to be lagged by a few hours or even a day.

1 Like

I have noticed that it can take several days before some activities are reflected in the “Map View” on my account. Is this normal? I didn’t see my 7/11 run show on the Map View until 7/14.

Yeah, this is a problem I’m working on.

The map view should be cached for one full day, but it should be updated whenever there is a new activity. That ‘new activity’ update isn’t working right now.

1 Like

Jim, This seems faster now? Did that new server help?

I’m not sure if it’s because of the updated code or the new servers (I moved from a single server to multiple servers in Amazon, which gives me a lot more flexibility when it comes to both overall growth and isolated traffic spikes). It’s definitely a lot more efficient now, though.

1 Like

I’m looking at my old activities and a lot of them seem to be missing the map.
I was thinking that the reprocess button could help but I can’t find it anywhere on the activity page.
Could you give me a clue on where to find it? :smiley:
Thanks!