Honest complete % competition

When you do keep the standard %completion including manual completion you will avoid this. Also, the gated areas problem will be solved via OSM.

Hi Fredrik, Can you explain this option? I have been updating nodes in private ways in OSM. How do you add a tag for a road that is for cars only? There is a section of my town that can be reached two ways, but one includes a state route that intersects with a state highway and there is no shoulder whatsover. Incredibly dangerous. Thanks!

When youā€™re in edit mode, click the road. There are tags on the left side of the screen. One is for access. Click that one and say no to everything that isnā€™t a car. (Especially pedestrians)

I think that will work, but am very willing to let someone who knows more about setting tags in OSM give a better answer. (So far itā€™s a problem I havenā€™t had to fix. The problem in the city Iā€™m running is gated communities and private roads. So my knowledge is more theoretical on how to keep pedestrians off of interstates.)

Hi Fredrik, I havenā€™t found the access tag at all. I added one that said ā€œpedestrianā€ and put ā€œno.ā€ I wonder if that would get picked up by CS? Someone claims to have done the road I am concerned about, but seriously, it is insane. Not safe at all. Way worse than a private way!

1 Like

Yes, that will work. Specifically, CityStrides will not import streets that have the foot access tag set to ā€˜noā€™ or ā€˜privateā€™.

Hi James,
I just made an edit on openstreet. There is this Harrison Boulevard in Avon, MA. There is basically no shoulder or sidewalks, and at times you have rails or concrete blocks that totally reduce the shoulders. Drivers go as fast as in a highway. I set access Foot to no. When should we expect it to see the update on CityStrides. Thanks!

It appears that the update cycle is one to two months

1 Like