Hard Mode in Challenges

I have my profile set to Hard Mode. I created a challenge for myself to run a particular city. Today when looking at which streets I have completed for that challenge I see red nodes and I believe it is because Hard Mode is not being enforced within the challenge.

Yeah, I need to do this. Thanks for posting it!

Actually, does it make sense for each Challenge to have a hard mode option instead of automatically taking this from the account setting?

1 Like

That is a good question. I think it should be taken from the user’s account. It was my choice to turn on hard mode knowing that it is going to be, well, harder.

I think the full list of options are:

A) All Challenges take hard mode from the account setting

• Toggling hard mode on your account would adjust all your Challenges
  • All featured Challenges (AMSAP, Global Running Day, Nodevember, National Walking Day) would also behave this way

B) Each Challenge has a hard mode toggle which is completely independent from the account-level hard mode

• Changing your account’s hard mode setting would not adjust any Challenges
  • When creating a new Challenge, the default could be whatever your account setting is (but still changeable)
  • All featured Challenges (AMSAP, Global Running Day, Nodevember, National Walking Day) would have hard mode turned off for everyone
    • Gives the option to create other different featured Challenges in the future that have hard mode turned on for everyone

C) No Challenges have hard mode capability

• Current behavior
  • A
  • B
  • C

0 voters

1 Like