Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina - CityStrides

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina - CityStrides I thought about starting this town, Fuquay-Varina, NC. It’s next to mine. It’s about the same size as where I live, but it appears there are 0 streets. I’d have to estimate there’s probably around 600. :man_shrugging:t3: Can you help?

Pretty sure it’s ‘inactive’, because nobody ever logged a run there? Once you sync a run it should trigger an import from OSM and start to track your progress.

Inactive cities would still have streets; they just wouldn’t be updated for changes in OSM.

It’s more likely that the city was never added to the CityStrides database. You might want to read Adding a City to OpenStreetMap

:flushed: omfg that border :rofl: :sob:
I wonder if the border is broken - something that complicated could easily have an unclosed loop or something… I’ll take a closer look at the query & let you know what I find.

:man_shrugging: That query works as expected, so I don’t know why there are no streets. I’ll just force it through the update process.

1 Like

Runs have been logged there. Several of my friends of whom i’ve recommended CityStrides to have run there.

Yeah that border is pretty wacky! Used to be two towns that merged. Farmland everywhere, then annexation just about any time a new neighborhood is added.

That made me look. Holly crap!

Do you know when it will go through the update process?

No. Right now, it does 5 cities at a time. It can take seconds or hours to update a city, so its place in the queue isn’t much of an indicator.

1 Like

However long that took :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you. It’s still not entirely working properly though. It says there are 0 Striders for the town. My friend has run numerous streets in that town (see his life map Carey Allen (F3 - Boy George)'s Map View - CityStrides) But they don’t show up. :man_shrugging:t3: