Frankford, MO unknown distance

I’ve come across a few cities that know how many streets but don’t know how many miles of streets that is. Frankford is an example: Frankford, Missouri - CityStrides

I assume this is because of bad data on OSM, but I’m not even sure what would need to be updated. OSM knows that the town exists, and apparently streets that reside in the boundary, so what would need to be done to measure those streets?

I’ve come across quite a few other cities with question marks for distances. I’ve since become semi-competenant with OSM edits to split streets or change public vs private designations, but so far been unable to determine why a city would have an unknown distance. Has anyone encountered this and had a way to solve this?

Some other cities:
Perry, MO
Center, MO
Page, ND
St. Anthony, MN
Keystone, IA

These are just cities with 0 striders that haven’t been updated since James added the distance calculation to the update. You can see the last update for each of them was in 2019. These cities don’t get updated since there’s no one who benefits from the update, so the solution would be to go run some streets there.

1 Like

That is great to know! Thanks for the tidbit. I was researching smaller cities that I could knock off in a day while passing through which is where I came across these.