Fleeing from the undead

Somewhat inspired by a recent post referencing parkrun, I’m also interested to know if anyone else in the CityStrides community is also a ‘Zombies, Run!’ user (like me).

I use Strava as my primary record of gps data, running stats etc., but for running motivation it is the story based intrigue of ZR that really made me into a regular runner.

Anyone else from Abel Township here? Or even New Canton?

#RaiseTheGates
#StaySafeOutThere

1 Like

Another Runner Five here!
Zombies Run encourages me out the door to go on a run or walk and Citystrides motivates me to explore new streets.

1 Like

I used to play it for a few years and used to be a real help to get back in the running mood when my shape was really bad after an accident. Similar to CityStrides, it helps making running (more) addictive and wants you get out there and reach a certain goal/mission. I strongly recommend it to people interested in starting to run.

But after season 4, I think, the story became a bit too farfetched and I gave up on it. At that time there seemed to be a lot of focus on events and merch en less on the actual content nor the base building mini game which seemed fun in the beginning.

Now I’m just listening to audiobooks.

4 Likes

Yeah, the story does evolve over time. It becomes less rooted in the contemporary, but does explore quite a few fun themes (politics, what it is to be human, social dynamics in isolated communities, etc.).

I usually don’t mind the more far fetched elements (nice turn of phrase btw), because the character development for our friends (and adversaries!) is really well done I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this post. Never heard of it. May look into it, though recent reviews are not very good… But it’s new to me.

The app itself has has been revised to incorporate ‘Marvel Move’ content, as well as the classic ‘Zombies, Run!’ story and content.

From what I understand, this ‘update’ has temporarily removed some of the functionality of the previous app, and it was very buggy for a while, but those issues are (largely?) fixed.

For me, the key appeal is the immersion into the the story, so as long as the app can deliver that, I’m largely happy!

I hope you enjoy!

2 Likes