City updated from OSM but nodes aren't deleted

:link: My profile link : Joey Ferguson - CityStrides

Manitou Springs, CO was recently updated from OSM, but I still have three streets that are still marked as incomplete. A while back, I edited the streets in OSM to mark the appropriate portions private.

Based on these screenshots, it seems like the update from OSM was successful, but the nodes weren’t updated to match:

The street names are Geneva Trail, Marbeck Road, and Panorama Place.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I think you need to have patience and the update run comes by in the loop.

This looks strange, I can see you edited OSM late August, and Manitou Springs was update on Nov 8 into CS. So these nodes should really have gone away by now, I think @JamesChevalier need to check this one
(Joey, that the map and road is updated in the screen shots is because the map itself is fetched from Mapbox, at a different schedule, but that is just a visual thing that does not affect the CS count. It often happens before the OSM->CS update of nodes)

1 Like

@petje Thanks, I should have mentioned that I edited OSM and waited for the update to the city a couple months later.

@hans1 That’s what I was thinking too, I’ve seen James queue up some updates like this. And good to know about Mapbox!

I have a similar issue with nodes on a private section of road not updating after editing in OSM. This is for Cyril Owen Pl in Saanich, British Columbia, Canada.

You can see Cyril Owen Pl partially completed street in this activity, when the street should be completed: Philip H's activity on November 26, 2022 - CityStrides

In this case it looks like the ways in OSM were only updated 15 days ago but the city in CityStrides was last updated on October 23rd. You can see the date a city was last updated on the city page: Saanich, British Columbia - CityStrides. Keep in mind the map itself is sourced from Mapbox which updates separately and much more frequently than CS. So there can be a discrepancy depending on the time you update OSM and the time Mapbox and CS each update.

1 Like

@hphilipj It looks like our issues are pretty much the same. Has yours been resolved yet?

Yes, it was resolved after the OSM data was uploaded to city strides - took 2 months of waiting.

Gotcha, thanks - maybe our issues were slightly different then. I waited for the CityStrides to update the city from OSM and that still didn’t fix it.

Looks like another update fixed it! Not sure why the first OSM update didn’t, but now I’m at 100% again.

1 Like

Apologies for necro’ing an old thread, but I appear to have having the same issue. There have been two updates since the changes were made to OSM (the second yesterday) but the nodes are still showing in CS. One is where a street was marked as under construction and another few where the highway has been marked as foot=no.

Should these have been cleaned up automatically? They are all in Wantirna, Vic, AU.

Another example (the forum only let me put in one image)

Can you share a link to the page for Wantirna so I don’t have to go searching?

I’ll take a look at the date of its last sync … I’m hoping it’s before :thinking: I think it’s April 10 when I sorted this out. I can force another sync to make sure nodes are being removed as expected.

One thing to note is that there’s a delay between editing in OSM and those edits being available through my city update process. It’s usually pretty quick, but it can be on the scale of days.

Thanks James,

The city is at Wantirna, Victoria - CityStrides. It says the last sync was 2024-04-17 (which is when I got an email to say it had been updated).

I have walked every safe street, all of the streets with nodes remaining in the following screenshot I believe have foot=no set except for the single street in approximately the centre of the suburb on the north-west side of Mountain Highway had highway=construction set.

I think this might have something to do with the fact it’s nested in City of Knox. For some reason things like this won’t get sorted until both city and parent city are updated. And City of Knox was updated yesterday, so when I look at Wantirna now it seems those nodes are gone. Does it look better for you now?

Yep, all except 3 nodes have now disappeared. I hadn’t thought about the nested city also needing to update.
Thanks!