City map and life map not updating

I did four activities yesterday. Three synched just fine. The latest (Mike & Pat's Activity on November 12, 2021 - CityStrides) synched OK for completed and progressed streets, % completion etc., but the city map (Marquette Heights, Illinois - CityStrides) hasn’t updated with that activity. Life map hasn’t updated either. I am thinking about deleting that activity and then trying to resynch from Garmin Connect. Does anyone know whether that will fix the problem, or not?

You should wait 24 hours to see if anything happens, sometimes there is a slow queue causing a lag

I had a similar problem in the past but realised I hadn’t changed the activity type to ‘walk’ from my Strava default of ‘ride’. Once it took a few days to feed through but the other two times I made the same mistake it fed through pretty quickly. Possibly nothing to do with your problem but worth checking perhaps

Catriona

Hi, fellow Central Illinoisan! When I’ve done multiple activities in a day, I’ve had the last one take a long time to sync. It could be a coincidence? But maybe the system is set up to prioritize the first couple activities of a particular user and then the rest go to the end of a queue? Or, it could just be ones uploaded later in a day take longer to update…

Mine always have ended up showing up without doing anything, but sometimes not until the next day.

1 Like

Hello, Pedestrians. The activity did finally update completely, later in the day. I noticed that it had sometime after I had synched some other activities. I don’t know is that had anything to do with it or not. Maybe things were just happening really slow in CS at that time. I don’t think I had to wait that long - almost 24 hours - for an activity to synch up before. All is well now though. Loved your presentation at the PPL, by the way.

Thank you! We had fun at that.

I’ve only ever had a synch take a long time on the weekend. I can’t imagine how many runs are being uploaded. :slight_smile:

Jennifer

Hi. I have synced my latest walks with Runkeeper, so it shows in the daily overview. But it does not show on the Lifemap. Also manual added nodes/streets are not visible on the Lifemap. It has been over 24 hours since the last upload. Thanks in advance for your support. Pim Meijer - CityStrides