Boston, MA - Jetways

:link: My profile link : Jason Rossman - CityStrides

Boston just updated today and all the Jetways at the airport are now listed as “streets”. All 108 of them by my count. Obviously very not runnable. It’s bad enough I had to “run” through the terminals to get those nodes!

1 Like

Sounds like OSM got some bad updates.

You shouldn’t be running through terminals to get nodes :laughing:

There are some very capable OSM editors around here, maybe they can help to get things tagged properly again.

I hope so. I’m usually pretty good about editing in OSM, but I have no clue what to edit to fix this issue.

It looks like all the “Jetway” ones already had a name 6 months ago, but back then were given access=customers, which excludes them from CS. The tag seems to have been recently removed. I think most of them would be “fixed” by Citystrides not adding streets with this tag: Tag:highway=corridor - OpenStreetMap Wiki (@JamesChevalier would need to update his overpass query then). Seems to be a tag used for indoor hallways, so my gut feeling says it should be fine to ignore. Alternatively, Tag:aeroway=jet_bridge - OpenStreetMap Wiki can probably be excluded without worry?

1 Like

Can we also exclude airport “terminals” to the list? They keep popping back up. JFK and Laguardia airport have 13 listed for Queens (NY).

Can you give a link to one?

Absoutely. Thanks for looking into this. The first one is for JFK airport and the second is for Laguardia. I can give more examples if it helps. They are attached to highways and some of them have been completed, but dangerous to do so. (Probably done by having a flight at that particular terminal and walking where you would get dropped off.)

I’ve added highway=corridor (already ignoring indoor=corridor) and aeorway=jet_bridge as ignored tags.

I’ll need help figuring out the tagging applied here that can be excluded… or what useful/relevant tagging can be added which can then be excluded

1 Like

Thanks James for looking into this. I am sorry to annouce that I am practically “computer illiterate” and do very basic OSM changes (marking streets private for driveways, etc.) Hopefully someone on these forums with a greater understanding can help. If not, I may have to book various flights and get dropped of at all these terminals :laughing:.