Archived Synchronization Issues

Morning! I completed an 8k run this morning with the purpose of completing a number of streets. The run shows up fine on Strava, but on Citystrides it says: “No map associated with this activity”. As such, I didn’t get any additional streets completed! Can you help? Thanks

Are you logged in while viewing the page?

If you are, and if the activity in Strava has a map, then we can try deleting it and resynching … I’d just need the link to the activity in CityStrides to help you with that.

(If your activity is private, then I might not be able to help you out until Monday because I’m away from my laptop until then.)

Thanks for the quick reply. I am logged in and Strava has a map as well. The activity link is CityStrides. Let me know what will work.

Ok, I deleted the activity here in CityStrides & started a sync for your account … let’s see how that goes! :crossed_fingers:

HI James - I synced another run this morning but now both yesterday’s and today’s activities show no associated map. Should I try deleting them myself and syncing again? Thanks

Not sure it’s related, but all the newest members have zero completed streets ?

https://citystrides.com/users?page=552

Any chance you’ve logged out and back in again since the 15th?
If not, could you try logging out and back in again? I’m wondering if this is tied to Strava’s recent authentication changes are part of this…

1 Like

Bumping this: Activity here: CityStrides

“No Map Associated w/ Run”.

I’ve deleted the activity (from CityStrides) and re-synced. I’ve also logged out and logged back in (granted permissions to Strava when authorizing) and re-synced after that, too.

Hey James - checking in again on this. I’ve tried logging out and in again several times but my last two runs are blank in terms of new streets and map.

Hi

New member from Strava says no maps to all runs… :frowning:

Thanks.

Steven

I think this was an isolated issue with Strava’s API for a short amount of time (maybe on the scale of days). This leaves a bunch of us with activities that don’t have all the geo data, but that’s fixable - I even already have some code in there to fix these up.

The trouble is that their usage limits are quite low, so I can’t just fix all the activities right away. I need to work through them in batches split across 15 minute increments (when their usage stats reset). :grimacing:

I’m going to run through a couple accounts for people who have posted here then ask you to check if that solves the issue. Hopefully we don’t continue to see this happen…

(I don’t know who gets alerts for replies, so I’ll mention the people I’m working on now)
@bjcjapan @hjkiddk @supermitch @steven.44

1 Like

Success! Thanks James!

1 Like

Thanks @bjcjapan … let me know if things go sideways again …

Thank you.

Any chance of adding the Clacton on Sea area?

Thanks.

Steven.

@steven.44 Please add this to the correct thread: the “cities to add” thread: New cities to add - #217 by marshall

Hi James, I have recently joined CityStrides, a great site, thanks!
It looks during the initial sync with Strava a bunch of activities didn’t get a map ( There is no map associated with this activity.}, specifically all runs between September 9, 2015 and January 29, 2017. Is there something I can do about this?

Cheers,

Robert

Hey @r.weide … Yeah, it looks like there were up to 74 activities that needed some extra help. I just started that up, but there’s a huge backlog of work, so I’m not totally sure how long that’ll take to complete. It could be a couple days or it could already be done. :grimacing:

I think it’s already done. Thanks James!

Hey @JamesChevalier, another new user here and after all my activities initially loaded I’m seeing some with the “There is no map associated with this activity” message (appears to be sporadic, or at least I can’t pinpoint an obvious pattern, but they might be somewhat grouped together in clusters?). I spot checked a bunch and they all have good map data on Strava.

I linked some examples below, but I know there are more as well. Thanks for a great site and all the support you provide!

(Jan 2019)

(June/July 2018)

(March 2018):

OK, I deleted each of those & I’m going to run a sync for your account. This should bring them in correctly.

I’m just a little worried because it looks like I’ve been running over my API limits with Strava today … let me know if anything looks bad after this (give it up to 3 hours).