Allowed Access “Destination”

I recently was unable to complete a street because it is gated. In OSM it shows the gate and the Allowed Access is set to “Destination.” The road serves as an entrance to a concert venue, so I’m guessing that access is allowed during concerns.

Should streets set with allowed access as “destination” be considered “runnable?”

1 Like

Wasn’t sure whether to start a new thread or bump this one, but I have exactly the same issue. I came across a residential street (Cofton Park Drive in Birmingham) that is plainly marked as a private road, but it has been marked in OSM as access=destination. I would just modify it as private, as I routinely do, but I have to assume that someone marked it that way for a reason.

I assume that the idea is that you are allowed to use the road if a property on it is your destination, but if so, that doesn’t seem like a useful designation, as the same is true of my front path, but it is still private.

I guess what I am asking is whether that access type can be excluded, or whether it should be relabelled in OSM. I am slightly reluctant to do the latter until I properly understand what the actual purpose of that access type is.

1 Like

Reading this Key:access - OpenStreetMap Wiki I’d say that private should be used in your case.

1 Like

Thanks - that does look right.