Adding Townships to OSM/CityStrides

OK I did some more work on this – I now have a relation with several Member Ways and it’s complete – but it seems to be missing something. Does it need to be assigned a number (like 1181614 in your example?). In other words, how do I get a similar link like the one you sent for my new relation?

Zach I got another one for you whenever you have time. Watertown Township.

OK how does this look:

and this:

1 Like

Believe I got all those added now. I also added the information to the spreadsheet for @JamesChevalier to import, so hopefully we shall see those in CityStrides soon.

1 Like

Thank you so much. This really did give me so many more spots to go run. Now I can run every street in Wright co.

Miami and Washington Townships are now in CS! Thank you for importing!

Question: Washington Township seems to have zero streets. I’m assuming I did something wrong? Or do I need to just be patient?

Jim

Oh, it’s got zero streets because I tried to import it too soon.

There’s a lag time between the point that something is created in OSM and the point that I can use it. I’ll just have to try again in a day or two…

Monticello township and Fair Haven township also at 0 too. Just giving a heads up.

Ok and thank you again! Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

@JamesChevalier any updates on this by chance?

:thinking: I’m not sure what’s up, but Washington Township doesn’t return any streets. Here’s the query (you may have to click the Run button in the top right): overpass turbo (I don’t know how long these Overpass links work for)

Why does the map show Namibia when I try this link?

I was recently trying to figure out which admin level to import for Namibia, so it probably also shared my map view. That doesn’t matter, though, if data is available to show on the map then the magnifying glass button (top left within the map) will allow you to jump to it.

I changed some attributes of Washington Township to make it more like the one that worked (Miami). What sort of output do I need to see from the overpass turbo to tell if it is successful?

The easiest way to see if it worked is to click the top left Run button and view the results in the Data tab - the elements array can’t be empty.

There is some amount of lag between edits in OSM and the result in Overpass, though, so I probably wouldn’t make any decisions until after those two timestamp_ fields display dates/times after your edit.

Tweaked it some more and still nothing… Any tips? Have you seen this before?

I think it may have been because there was a small section of the boundary that overlapped, so the boundary was not fully closed (though I’m not familiar enough with the overpass API to know for sure). I went ahead and fixed that as well as a couple other warnings (e.g. overlapping with another boundary) and the query James shared now shows streets. :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks!

Will Washington Township update with the next city upload, or will it need to be manually uploaded?

I got 2 more townships for you to add since they boundary where I am currently working on. Hollywood Township and Winsted Township. No rush just planned ahead.