Ability to embed the map?

Can we embed our lifetime map in our own site? PLEASE? :slight_smile:

That’s a cool idea… I’ll poke around to see what I come up with.

You’re looking for a code snippet that’ll embed into your site kinda like a YouTube embed, right?

Yes EXACTLY. Incredible app btw, we built a website years ago called RUNROME.com (someone stole the url from under me, bummer!) where I was going to run every street in Rome. The way we coded the thing it just took forever to zoom and reload. So impressed with your work. Thanks again!

Curt

1 Like

Has there been any update on this idea?

Hi James,
was there any progress about this possibility? I started a city run, too and would love to include my finished streets and percent as map in our project page.

Greetings from Germany
Christoph

I searched And arrived here hoping for the same thing.

I like it!

Just adding another supporter to this - would be really cool to have this option as I’m thinking about blogging my run…

2 Likes

Wondering if there is any update on this, or if anyone knows of another easy way to create an embed from the map on CS? It’s fine to take a screenshot but a map that updates automatically would be much more straightforward!

I’m not pursuing this idea, at the moment.

I have to pay Mapbox (without getting into details) every time a map is shown on a page. This would have the potential of driving my costs through the roof, e.g. if a CityStrides map was embedded on a very popular page (Rickey Gates :eyes:).

:thinking: I might be able to do a not-so-pretty version with Leaflet though

1 Like

That makes sense @JamesChevalier, thanks for replying. I think the compromise is I’ll just take a screenshot every so often!

2 Likes

Excellent idea!

Screenshot my progress and have them on my Facebook and Instagram profiles. Works for me

1 Like