I’m closing out my project management board from last year, and thought it would be nice to post the full list of what I worked on in 2020.
Looking back, it’s interesting to see how much work came out of fact that CityStrides grew and how many of the other efforts put things in a good place to continue that growth - both in being able to handle more & more people, and getting areas of the code in a position to do more in the future.
HUGE thanks to all of you, long term members and newly-joined alike! You all make CityStrides an awesome project to work on.
- Started the global city update project
- Started working on the Challenges feature
- Completely re-architect the entire background job system to be able to handle massive scaling requirements
- Added Garmin support
- Reworked a lot of the Strava syncing behind the scenes, to account for CityStrides growing beyond their API limits
- Added the advanced LifeMap for Supporters, which greatly increases performance & allows filtering activities from being displayed
- Removed Google Analytics
- Simplified privacy settings
- Improved the status page
- Added a view of your completed streets, allowing you to un-mark manually completed streets
- Added the ability to pause syncing for any connected service
- Implemented the nested cities structure
- Updated the completed/progressed street UI to be more consistent
- Changed the street ‘View’ button behavior so it doesn’t zoom into the street automatically & allows multiple streets to be shown on the map at once
- Updated the base style on the map to remove some features that aren’t relevent for us, and added a distance ruler in the bottom left corner
- Added the ability to sync in a single activity (from your Settings page)
- Lots of software/language upgrades