What's your favorite street name that you've run?

I completed Keokuk Lane the other day and I think it’s my new favorite. And Hokah Ave is probably second place since I run in Hoka Cliftons most of the time.

What’s your favorite street name that you’ve completed? Or the weirdest?

3 Likes

I used to like ‘Marathonloop’ in Eindhoven a lot.
Marathonloop - CityStrides

Close by in Veldhoven we find ‘De Run’. Which is much more inclusive ofcourse, I think it should be everyone’s favorite street.
De Run - CityStrides

Also in Eindhoven we have ‘Vliegende Koffer’, which would translate to ‘Flying Suitcase’. Sounds very convenient when you travel a lot.
Vliegende Koffer - CityStrides

In Zwolle i ve ran the ‘Korte Ademhalingssteeg’. It means ‘Short Breathing Alley’. I don’t think I was running that fast, but who knows.
Korte Ademhalingssteeg - CityStrides

In Helmond I’ve stumbled upon ‘Verliefd Laantje’.
This is the ‘Lane in Love’. I think, just like me, it’s in love with too many streets…
Verliefd Laantje - CityStrides

Ok, can’t help myself. One more. Who wouldn’t like to live in Sesamstraat?
Sesamstraat - CityStrides

8 Likes

Utopia: Utopia - CityStrides
You go to Nirwana take a right, then left, and you’re there. Quite disappointing in the end.

3 Likes

In Louisville, KY, USA there’s Billy Goat Strut and Nanny Goat Strut Alleys that always get a chuckle as I run by them.

4 Likes

Not sure if its a favorite but it sure prompted discussion.

5 Likes

Bierjodlgasse (Beeryodelalley) in Salzburg :beer: :beer: :beer:

5 Likes

I’ve come across Habe-die-Ehre-Gasse - CityStrides (“honored to meet you”) - my friendly greeting as I pass someone in the rankings, and Ohmanngasse - CityStrides - me when I see someone I thought I was keeping up with drop a 70-street activity and disappear over the horizon never to be seen again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wantonwalls View in Edinburgh apparently named after a farm of the same name before the houses were built

2 Likes

I’ve bagged Memory Lane - CityStrides in Rozelle NSW.

2 Likes

I like these 2 streets in Queens (New York). They tie all of us City Striders globally:

United Nations Avenue North

United Nations Avenue South

2 Likes

Today I completed the ‘Short Longstreet.’ :sweat_smile:
Korte Langestraat - CityStrides

3 Likes

In my hometown there are quite a few weird street names, but Hoerejacht (‘whore hunt’) and Tussen Hel en Vagevuur (Between Hell and Purgatory) are the most stolen street signs in my neighbourhood :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The street names that stand out the most for me share a theme – all 13 are from the Poets section of Millburn, NJ. I recognized these names from my long ago days as an English major: Addison Drive, Browning Road, Byron Road, Chaucer Road, Coleridge Road, Dryden Terrace, Fielding Road, Keats Road, Shelley Road, Spenser Drive, Tennyson Drive, Thackeray Drive, Wordsworth Road.

1 Like

6 Likes

6 Likes

For obvious reasons! I was visiting Austin, Tx and had to get this one.
IMG_7105

2 Likes

Exhibition(i) St

2 Likes