Updates on October 28, 2021 (Release 431)

This release is mostly bug fixes, but it also comes with the ability to use Way records from OpenStreetMap as city sources. Prior to this, they had to be Relation records.

This change allowed me to import a lot more of the cities that were added to the Missing/Broken Cities Tracker. :trophy: Everything in that list is now an issue in OpenStreetMap! Everything that could be imported is now in CityStrides!

If you’re really good at OpenStreetMap editing and have some free time, have a look in that list to see if there is anything you can help with. It’s mostly filled with Node records that need to have a Relation or Way record created with the city border.

I’m now shifting my focus over to the 140 countries left to import into CityStrides. :muscle:

• :globe_with_meridians: updates to data & code to allow using Way records from OSM for cities
  • :bug: fix regions pagination
    • A Thing You Might Not Know: the region name, displayed on all city pages, is a link that takes you to a page that shows all the cities in that region … the country name on that page is a link that takes you to a page that shows all the regions in that country
  • :bug: fix for people viewing deleted activities
  • :bug: I don’t know what’s going on here, but people are looking at completed/progressed streets for an activity while it’s being deleted … that list used to produce errors (sent to my error tracker, if not displayed to you) and now it cleanly clears the list
  • :bug: fix for calculating completed streets for newly added cities
  • :bug: We found out in New city added - not showing my completions that new cities weren’t properly being processed for people’s progression … I think this is fixed now … Probably
  • :nerd_face: package updates
11 Likes