Runs Not Syncing

It’s a definite possibility! :rofl: Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest!

Same problem here. Saturday synced, but Sunday did not. Figured it would sync overnight as usual but it didn’t. I assumed correctly I wouldn’t be the only one with this issue.

Alright, it looks like the Runkeeper API is on the struggle bus. I’m receiving a lot of responses with no content. There isn’t much I can do about this, so I’ve added heaps more error handling, in the form of trying again later.
This doesn’t really solve anyone’s problem, because the activities still won’t immediately appear in the site. It does help, in that (hopefully) the Runkeeper API eventually recovers.

I’m going to take another look at this tonight, to see if I’m missing anything … maybe I can decrease my load on their API or something. :man_shrugging:

// @vgellatly @jason

1 Like

I may have contributed to those error messages since I am a spaz with that sync button :rofl:. Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for everything.

:laughing: yeah I noticed people mashing on the sync button a long time ago … it doesn’t work like that :smile:

When you request a sync, I don’t queue one if a sync is running or queued.

Anyway - hopefully the Runkeeper API speeds back up. Until then, it may take some extra time for those activities to make it into CityStrides.

Whoops, that would definitely be me :upside_down_face: My computer/wifi sometimes hates me, so I’m not always sure if the that’s the source of the problem. I should know better, but don’t always think. After all, what harm could clicking a “few” more times do?
If it seems to be a Runkeeper issue specifically, is there a way I can switch to Strava without causing chaos? Or are you still dealing with their own API overload? Honestly, I’m just trying to not be a pain, and am probably very unsuccessful on that front!

Looks like my run from this morning (11/12) synced up, but I’m still missing 11/10 and 11/11. So we have some progress even if those two got skipped. Was it from hitting the button too much? Whoops…

No, I had to disable Runkeeper syncing because its API was performing so poorly.

It started responding much faster to requests, so I queued up a batch to see if a full run succeeds. Since this is going well, I’ll re-enable Runkeeper syncing. Your activities will appear in CityStrides by this time tomorrow, assuming their API stays strong.

No problem! It’s not a big deal, I was just passing along an update.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: City and Street progress missing

My runs from mapmyrun haven’t synced since yesterday morning. Has there been issues lately?

My last two days for MapMyRun haven’t synced either (6th and 7th).

I’d like to add that I’ve had two runs in the last couple of weeks from MapMyRun not sync - November 26, and December 6. Please let me know if there is something I need to do from my side. Thanks!

My run from today has not synched. This is just an FYI for @JamesChevalier, in case he’s troubleshooting a current issue.

I’m having a Very Bad Morning™ with lots of sync issues. I’m working through it now, though. :+1:
The MapMyFitness issue looks like their API went down overnight, but I haven’t had time to confirm. If you’re a Supporter, you have a “sync now” feature that might help you out - be aware that there’s a decent backlog, so this will be a little slower than usual (specifically around progress/completion).

For anyone else coming across this post - please send me a message (click the ‘Message’ button from here) if you’re still missing activities on Tuesday December 10
Please do not message me or reply here before then

// @jstang97 @toddkopriva

1 Like

Everything seems fine now. Thanks, @JamesChevalier.

Hi, I am seeing that the run from January 1, 2020 has not synched. Can you please help with syncing? I think it was 6.15 mi in West Allis, WI.

Thank you,

Stephen Pitsch

Hello,

My runs the past two days aren’t syncing either. I use Under Armour’s MapMyFitness.

Thanks!
Zack

same. have you posted here? Reply Here If You Have Missing Activities - #616

They are now all synced!