Reply Here If You Have Missing Activities

:warning: :point_down: PLEASE READ THIS :point_down: :warning:

Everyone

• YOU MUST include a link to your profile page in your reply, I really don’t have time to search for you in the site
  • Only running/walking/hiking type activities are brought into CityStrides, so if your activity is not categorized this way it will not arrive in CityStrides
  • Replies on this topic are automatically deleted … I don’t always reply in the thread, but I do always look into issues reported here
  • Revoking access from your tracking service will result in all of your data in CityStrides being deleted … do not revoke access unless you want to leave CityStrides

Subscribers

For non-Garmin accounts: please use the Sync Now menu option in the top right menu before posting here. That will start a sync for your account (except for Garmin accounts; I cannot re-sync Garmin accounts).

There is a single activity sync feature in your settings page. If you’re missing a single activity, you can try using this to sync it in.
That said, you should not have to rely on continuously using the single activity sync. One time? Sure, computers were a mistake. :laughing: Every time you save a new activity? No way, ask about it here.

Garmin users

Garmin added a limitation to their API that breaks re-syncing activities. They only allow activities to be requested once. When you first sign up to CityStrides, I request your full history of activities - none of those activities can be re-requested, so do not delete old activities from CityStrides.

They have an additional limitation of not returning activities older than 5 years from the date you connected to CityStrides. You can read more about that in Where are my older Garmin activities?

Please see How to edit a run from Garmin if that’s what you’re looking to accomplish.

I’d suggest, before posting here, you try the single activity sync feature in the Settings page. If that displays an error about a duplicate request, then post here with a link to your CityStrides profile and the date of the missing activity.

MapMyFitness users

It’s rare, but CityStrides can lose access to your MapMyFitness account. If you are missing activities, you can take these steps once (single log out/in is enough, multiple log out/in does nothing more):

• Log out of CityStrides
  • Log back into CityStrides
  • Visit your Settings page to ensure that the MapMyFitness connection is not paused (it is automatically paused if the connection is lost, so I strongly suggest you do this even if you don’t think you have to)
  • Use Sync Now in the top right menu (if you’re not a subscriber, share your CityStrides profile link in a reply here and I will run that sync for you)
13 Likes

Show of hands…how many of you are checking your account several times a day to see if you’re missing activities haven’t appeared yet? :wink: :raised_back_of_hand:

10 Likes

Hei,

I added several hundreds of activities to Strava and because I wanted to visually verify each activity (to avoid those long straight outliers) before synching to Citystrides, I paused Strava to Citystrides sync. Mistake yes. Pause for a guy born 70ies means you’ll continue where you left ;).

I didn’t find information how to perform re-sync, even partial. Yes, seems to be possible one by one, but Im not that patient person :grinning:

Any help here? Thanks.

I just ran a sync for your account & checked the count - 357 activities from Strava as of posting this.

Ah, yeah, also (barely) from the 70s & I kind of see what you mean. The purpose of pausing here in CityStrides is to halt syncing but allow it to be turned back on later if needed & to continue allowing yourself to log in via that service.
There isn’t much of a use case for pausing during such a detailed per-activity assessment, since the straight line issues don’t usually pop up much for most people & there’s a Supporter Feature that lets you hover/click activities in your LifeMap to go to their page (which gives perfect hassle-free access to those odd lines, to much more efficiently delete/update/resync).

It’s no trouble for me to run a sync for your account (access to a ‘sync now’ button is also a Supporter Feature) so let me know if they didn’t all make it through for some reason. That single activity sync feature is useful for small or one-off cases, but yeah, definitely don’t, like, hang out over there. :laughing:

1 Like

Hi, my strava account never synced from the start -

New activities do sync automatically but it would be fun to see all running activities from the start of my strava account (2013)

My runs after March 31st aren’t syncing from MapMyRun to CityStrides. I’ve already checked to be sure my syncs aren’t paused.
Help!
Karen Douglas