Reply Here If You Have Missing Activities

:warning: :point_down: PLEASE READ THIS :point_down: :warning:

Everyone

• YOU MUST include a link to your profile page in your reply, I really don’t have time to search for you in the site
  • Only running/walking/hiking type activities are brought into CityStrides, so if your activity is not categorized this way it will not arrive in CityStrides
  • Replies on this topic are automatically deleted … I don’t always reply in the thread, but I do always look into issues reported here
  • Revoking access from your tracking service will result in all of your data in CityStrides being deleted … do not revoke access unless you want to leave CityStrides

Subscribers

For non-Garmin accounts: please use the Sync Now menu option in the top right menu before posting here. That will start a sync for your account (except for Garmin accounts; I cannot re-sync Garmin accounts).

There is a single activity sync feature in your settings page. If you’re missing a single activity, you can try using this to sync it in.
That said, you should not have to rely on continuously using the single activity sync. One time? Sure, computers were a mistake. :laughing: Every time you save a new activity? No way, ask about it here.

Garmin users

Garmin added a limitation to their API that breaks re-syncing activities. They only allow activities to be requested once. When you first sign up to CityStrides, I request your full history of activities - none of those activities can be re-requested, so do not delete old activities from CityStrides.

They have an additional limitation of not returning activities older than 5 years from the date you connected to CityStrides. You can read more about that in Where are my older Garmin activities?

Please see How to edit a run from Garmin if that’s what you’re looking to accomplish.

I’d suggest, before posting here, you try the single activity sync feature in the Settings page. If that displays an error about a duplicate request, then post here with a link to your CityStrides profile and the date of the missing activity.

MapMyFitness users

It’s rare, but CityStrides can lose access to your MapMyFitness account. If you are missing activities, you can take these steps once (single log out/in is enough, multiple log out/in does nothing more):

• Log out of CityStrides
  • Log back into CityStrides
  • Visit your Settings page to ensure that the MapMyFitness connection is not paused (it is automatically paused if the connection is lost, so I strongly suggest you do this even if you don’t think you have to)
  • Use Sync Now in the top right menu (if you’re not a subscriber, share your CityStrides profile link in a reply here and I will run that sync for you)
13 Likes

Show of hands…how many of you are checking your account several times a day to see if you’re missing activities haven’t appeared yet? :wink: :raised_back_of_hand:

10 Likes

I got the sync is working. You should start to see batches of activities arrive every 15 minutes until all 1396 are in.

thank you very much!!!

Hello James,
my profile: Zoltan M - CityStrides
I noticed I have a missing activity: Fri, 08-03-2024
Can you check or sync that please? Thank you!

I didn’t check my citystrides frequently for some time, but now it appeared that my RunKeeper activities were not sync-ed anymore on https://citystrides.com/users/4032
I guess there was some authentication issue, as after setting up this connection anew, the synchronization restarted. However, it only synchronizes about 5 lost months. More activities are missing between May 2022 and October 24, 2023. I already synchronized May and June 2022 manually, but I would appreciate if there is a quicker way to import the missed activities from RunKeeper.

Hi, it seems that my sync has stopped completely. Has not updated any activities since early February.

Are all the activities after February 5 categorized as run/walk?

Does the single activity sync work for a date after February 5?
That’s in your settings page

Hi

all activities are categorized as run.

I have tried to use the single activity sync but this also fails to bring up activities.

Does the single activity sync produce an error?

Can you provide an exact date where there’s a missing run activity? Garmin’s toolset is … unique … and it’s almost impossible for me to do anything without that information.

Hi

Single sync only replies that the activity is successfully transferred, but nothing shows up.

You can try these dates: 14 March 2024 or 16 March 2024

Hi

I use Samsung Health to track, this is synced to MapMyWalk to upload to here. All has been good apart from my latest walk today MapMyWalk

I have tried a sync and adding activity manually, also logging out and loggin in again bit it just not appear.

Hope you can help please

I’m seeing their API response includes has_time_series: false which indicates that there is no GPS data associated with this activity. CityStrides relies entirely on GPS data, so it skips activities without it.

:sweat_smile: ok, so, as I mentioned earlier, Garmin tooling is … unique … and I can only directly access data within the last 7 days. Instead of coming back and asking for new dates, I gathered what I could & reviewed it.

I saw a few applicable activities - a trail run, a hike, and a run. It didn’t show me any GPS data for these activities, but I am not sure if it’s supposed to or not.

I sent a message to Garmin support asking them to re-send everything between Feb 6 and March 24. They’re usually very responsive, so I’m hopeful that these will arrive soon - though they do suggest it could take 48 hours to review the request.

Ah how annoying ! It has the completed map in Samsung Health as well. I was also using Google maps for directions so perhaps that was a the problem. I have certainyl not done that before.

Thank you James for a speedy investigation and response.

Does it show a map in MapMyFitness?

@jsviland the Garmin team said the backfill is done. I see a couple new activities … all good?

The map is missing in mapmywalk it is usually in both Samsung and mapmywalk.

Will try again tomorrow but I do think it was a Google map clash.

Thanks James.