Privacy settings and broken street count

Hello,

I have per activity privacy set for some months now and it correctly sets all my new activities to private. I also wanted to change my older activities, which were public, to private. I did not want to do this manually, which would take forever, so I was playing around with the privacy settings in order to change all my past activities to private. I had seen a message on this forum that changing to public sets them all public, so I figured setting it to “Just Me” would turn them all private. Afterwards I could switch back to per activity to still appear in leaderboards and what have you. This seemed to have worked? Randomly sampling some activities from the past shows them set as “Just Me”. However, I noticed some issues:

• My total street count seems to have dropped by ~2000 streets (I vaguely recall it being in the 3000s, now it is down to 1200). This does not make sense because manually adding up some of my cities puts me past the 2000s easily.
  • While I was set to “Just Me”, I could still access my lifemap from a private browsing session and hovering over the lifemap showed the individual activity dates for each lifemap “strand”. I don’t think I want that to happen in the Just Me setting or the per activity setting.

Account id: 1811

Happy to clarify/retry anything.

Yeah, that’s how you’d accomplish that. :+1:

I’ve recently reworked a number of cities as nested within others & the counts are not going to include nested cities. Maybe that’s what happened?
The top of each city page will include details on whether it’s nested, and whether it has nested cities within it.

It’s possible that it was still rebuilding the LifeMap or queued to rebuild it. That’s not an instant process. Your LifeMap looks correctly private to me, now.

1 Like

I’ve recently reworked a number of cities as nested within others & the counts are not going to include nested cities. Maybe that’s what happened?
The top of each city page will include details on whether it’s nested, and whether it has nested cities within it.

Which is used for the count? The parent city or its children? The Brussels parent you added over the weekend seems to still be processing so that might explain then. I.e., children already taken out of the count, but parent not yet added. The Brussels area counts for 2259 streets of mine (if I add my count for the 19 regions manually) so that would add up.

Yeah, only the parent city streets are counted. You can still progress and complete the nested cities on their own, but your site-wide profile figures out stats based on the parent cities. (hopefully that helps and doesn’t add more confusion lol)

1 Like