OSM Edits Not Showing in City Strides

How long does it take for OSM edits to display in City Strides? I recently shortened a street because of an inaccessible node, however the change did not reflect in City Strides. I was thinking maybe I missed a part of the process or maybe there is particular day of the week in which syncs took place or that my edit was one in a long queue of edits and I just needed to give it more time. Either way can I find out why my edit hasn’t reflected in CS?

Cities update every 6-8 weeks usually. You can see the last time a city was updated on the city page:

I think James mentioned in another thread that city updates are delayed right now due to an issue with the process. Note that your updates will appear on the map itself before the city updates on CS since the map is sourced from Mapbox.

2 Likes

@AndyS is correct with one clarification:

Mapbox and CityStrides node data are updated separately, and Mapbox is indeed updated more frequently than Citystrides data, but there could be, and have been instances where due to their differing update methods, the node data could be updated prior to the visual map. Not usually, but it is a possible situation that confuses people in the rare instance it happens.

2 Likes

In the past, CityStrides has updated just about monthly (every 4 weeks), but most of my cities are going on around 8 weeks+ without update at this point.

1 Like

From the new “water station” - the chat feature in the upper right hand corner

3 Likes

I keep track of some cities just to have an idea when to expect next updates. The few most recent ones of those I track:

City Updated Before that Days between
Greater London 14 Oct 18 Aug 57 days
Brussel 20 Oct 21 Aug 60 days
Rio de Janeiro 29 Oct 23 Aug 67 days
Buenos Aires 24 Aug Still waiting

So it has been slowing down slightly, possibly related to the issue mentioned above.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone that responded. I have a better idea of what to expect. The last update to the specific city in question was 8/28. I’ll keep an eye on that page.

As a piggyback to my original question. I have several cities not showing 100% due to map errors. If I manually mark streets as complete, make edits in OSM, and then the CS map updates, will the street still show as manually complete or will it complete the street based on the nodes? I would rather it not show manually complete.

1 Like

It used to automatically re-check any manually completed streets, but I removed that in September. I’ll look into re-adding it, but in the meantime you can unmark streets as manually complete if an update cleaned things up. Doing that will reprocess the manually completed street.

3 Likes