Now Testing: City street/node updates

The adjustments/updates I’ve made in OSM since last week are now displaying in CS.

3 Likes

I hope it also updates cities with ‘person’ :sweat_smile: running in them, since I’m out here alone in a rural area striding and updating OSM - for example https://citystrides.com/users/15559/cities/187144

2 Likes

Yeah, we have another thread on the two topics (incorrect street count & percentage not updated) here: No longer at 100% since new update
It’s possible that there is some issue with marking streets as complete as well :thinking:

The current count of active cities is 58,784 … So roughly 49 days?

3 Likes

@JamesChevalier Is there any way to estimate where a particular city might be in that 58K city queue? Maybe something on the status page with a rough idea which city, or city ID, is being processed [assuming city ID is the order]?

Thanks and kudos!

3 Likes

That would be nice. Maybe just show the date of the oldest updated city date? In my city list I have one from 12th Oct 2020

1 Like

My city was updated! Precentage of completion dropped one percent. Hurray for updated maps!

Hi @bas, do you remember what the date of the previous update was?

I think it was October 16th

1 Like

@JamesChevalier

Newton, MA just updated. Prior to the update I was at 100% completed. Now it says I’m at 97.84% but it still shows 0 incomplete streets. Also, the total street numbers don’t match, but I know that’s pretty much an issue with other cities. I have some other issues in other cities with nodes for a street being all green and not being in the completed column, but I’m waiting for all the cities in my area to update before I list them here in the forums.

@JamesChevalier Looks like changes in city boundaries are not being updated with this process. How can we get them in?

In Los Gatos, CA (Los Gatos, California - CityStrides) there was an unincorporated area (near the word Shannon in the map) that is now part of the city. I updated OSM to that effect and removed it, those streets should now be part of the city.

That’s a cool idea: Update history.

1 Like

My city was updated today, 99 days since the last update. Bas’ city was 98 days, so that seems a decent approximation for anyone still waiting…

2 Likes

@8f7162110d9eeaf907ab Hey, that’s very encouraging. 98 days since Keller was updated last. I now have hope. Thank you for sharing this! Cities near me, have already updated, but I’ve no idea on what order cities are processed. :thinking:

The background map for Nashville, TN is updating when I change OSM, but the GPS nodes aren’t.

Last update says November 1st and I think that’s accurate for the nodes, but the map has refreshed to show changes I made two weeks ago.

Alleys that no longer exist show nodes in the middle of blank space: 2034 Alley in Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee - CityStrides

I think this has been answered here Street names not in CityStrides db, but are on the CS map? basically the drawn map uses a different API and is independent of the CS database of nodes that update periodically

1 Like

Thanks! Really appreciate the info

Yahoo! Keller has updated, today, and I am now officially 0 incomplete!
210128 Keller 100

I guess the percentage still needs to be recalculated. I did notice that Keller now has 999 streets, and I have completed 984. I seem to recall reading something about this…

So Keller was amazing experience, and I saw parts of “my city” that I had no idea existed & would never have seen were it not for CityStrides. Thank you @JamesChevalier for this experience.

I did notice one weird thing. I only checked the 10 streets, in Keller, with the 0-node problem. But on each one, via a search from the city page, when I clicked “Go”, it opened the street page zoomed way out… As in the street appeared as a single node, not quite in the middle of the page. Zooming, and panning a bit, and everything looked great.

Now to finish off Roanoke and then Lipan. But my next (“big”) area will be Granbury.

Cheers all!

[Edit] Maybe the “weird thing” has something to do with the new Mapbox code?No that doesn’t make any sense, as I now recall Mapbox is strictly for the map (imagery), not streets (which come from OSM).

2 Likes

(Sorry if this info is elsewhere).
Are City updates still occurring? Frankfurt was updated and added ~170 streets (mostly trails). When I use the overpass-turbo query, those paths appear to have been removed again. Wondering if another update will remove them or if they are here to stay.

check this

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks!
Looks like I was using the older query to check my edits while the debate rages on. Glad to see them kept in.

1 Like