New: Garmin Integration -- Available To EVERYONE

Yes. Eventually. Same thing this morning. Waiting for them to turn complete but last night they eventually did

1 Like

Yeah, James said elsewhere that the CityStrides Servers are bogged down in tasks and processing slow. Improving that is certainly on his radar, but as he said there:

1 Like

Best I can tell right now is that a little over 1k people deleted at least one activity (some went on some kind of delete spree that Iā€™ll never understand), and wow did I not plan for that. :sweat_smile:

I built this part out only expecting people to delete things if there was something seriously wrong with the activity (for example, some of us have seen an activity arrive in CityStrides but no map). So when an activity is deleted I reprocess any progression (maybe the deleted activity completed a street, and thereā€™s some other activity/activities that also would have completed it) so that your progress doesnā€™t go down just because you deleted the one magic activity.

So, Iā€™m flailing around trying to figure out how I can solve this problem. Then I can go back to the Garmin sync problem (though Iā€™m hopeful that this is resolved). Then I can go back to the Strava sync problem. Then I can have a big ole glass of scotch.

Update: To be clear: this backup likely affects everything. Syncing, percentage updates, etc.

8 Likes

Yeah same. Took about a 10 hours to sync (not important, I have time) but no streets completed, only progressed. Even though they ARE completed.

Well since that post, about 3 hours ago, I am now fully processed!

Morning walk:
Streets Completed: 3
Streets Progressed: 10

Evening run:
Streets Completed: 14
Streets Progressed: 2

So cool. Thank you.

1 Like

This wild backlog is gone. :thinking: :man_shrugging: I guess only some of the jobs in that queue took hours, and once all of those were completed the rest of the queue flew right by.

Unless that issue comes back, things should be ok now. If you have any missing activities going forward, you can share your CityStrides profile link and the date you saved the activity to Garmin (itā€™s weird, itā€™s based on the date you saved it not the date you completed it).

2 Likes

phew

1 Like

Hello again, my April 26th activity has showed up but my April 25th activity has not. Is it still in a queue somewhere or has it disappeared? Thanks again!
(my profile)

Thank you, James, for getting all this working.

Still missing for me is a Trail Running activity that I saved on April 25
Profile: Wes Plate - CityStrides
Garmin: Garmin Connect

Everything new seems to be syncing great, just missing the activity saved to Garmin on 4/26 for when historical activities can be pulled!

Hi James,

My runs from April 26 and 27 have now synced! However, I am still missing a run saved to Garmin on April 25th.

Profile- Ryan J - CityStrides
Missing run - Garmin Connect

Thanks for all your work getting these bugs resolved!

Missing most runs since April 16th, even though one posted from 4/19 and tonightā€™s walk posted. Hereā€™s some of the runs that didnā€™t post, starting with this mornings

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4850322149?share_unique_id=4

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4827283547?share_unique_id=8

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4822820561?share_unique_id=10

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4793943551?share_unique_id=12

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4793978084?share_unique_id=14

It seems like if I have city strides app open during my run to check the map, the run doesnā€™t upload later. But if I donā€™t use my phone during the run then it uploads quicklyā€¦but that could just be coincidence

Garmin integration has only been available for six days, and specifically was NOT incorporating historical runs, just the ones AFTER you connected CS to Garmin. Most of your ā€œmissingā€ runs predate that time.

I wouldnā€™t expect CS to pick up those runs until the next phase of the integration, when historical activities are imported. Until then, patience is called for.

1 Like

Just want to say there is a very simple fix for missing Garmin activities. Since CS get notifications when an activity was added to Garmin, simply downloading the fit file from Garmin Connect, deleting the activity on Garmin Connect, then uploading the fit file to Garmin Connect will get it processed by CS immediately.

I had one activity from 4/26 that was not synced yet (it was still in the Strava queue when I paused that syncing and starting Garmin syncing) and this fixed it quickly.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with the call for patience, but have found a quick fix for this in the meantime that doesnā€™t burden the CS system (@janelle272 this might be of interest to you):

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this simple work around! I have a run from the 25th that hasnā€™t been worked into the system yet. Iā€™ll give this a go.

Update - I deleted the activity and re-uploaded it as a .gpx to garmin. The activity synced almost immediately. Works great!

I connected my Garmin account and paused Strava. Unfortunately since doing that, now my run is not even downloading to my Garmin Connect or Strava apps, which it used to do pretty much immediately after I finished my run. Has anyone else had this problem? My Garmin Connect is what I rely on. Is there a way I can undo everything so my Garmin Connect works again? I even signed out of CityStrides app hoping thatā€™d work. Iā€™d be willing to delete the app if I knew that would fix it.