Missing city: Torreon

I can’t find the city of Torreon. It is in northern Mexico, in the state of Coahuila de Zaragoza.

This is a big city inside a larger metropolitan area called La Laguna.

Help! :slight_smile:

It looks like the city record is just a Node, and there’s this county record that exists as a Relation: Relation: ‪Torreón‬ (‪5606549‬) | OpenStreetMap

:thinking: unless that Relation is the city - let me know if that’s the city boundary or not

Yes, that is the city boundary.

Hello James! I´ve been reading and trying to understand how this works a bit more (I´m not very tech savvy).

Now I see what you mean when you say the city of Torreon is only a node.

The relation in the link you sent has 2 separate areas. The northern area IS the city. But the municipal boundary of Torreon also includes the southern area in the relation. The southern area in the relation is a rural area, not really part of the urban city but it IS part of the municipal boundary (county? I´m sorry if I don’t have the correct terms in english).

So, I think it’s OK that the relation you sent in the link is uploaded as the city of Torreón. But I guees the ideal thing would be to only have the northern, smaller area of the relation as the city since the southern area is a rural area.

I hope I explained it in a somewhat clear way. Thank you for responding, I hope it’s not a lot of extra work.

Emma from Torreon

Alright, the city is in here now: Torreón, Coahuila de Zaragoza - CityStrides
The data processing is still running, though. This will take some time.

1 Like