LifeMap not displaying after site update

Ever since the new update, going to life map or a city brings up the map, none of the streets I’ve run (although still counted and displayed correctly in my profile) - lifemap just crashes. I’ve reset browser storage, tried chrome and ie, logged out and in citystrides and Strava - but both chrome and ie give me a “taking too long to load” or other generic error

1 Like

Is this on mobile, or on desktop? (On mobile this also happens to me. iPhone 8, Safari or Chrome.)

Both. Mobile on both safari and chrome (and after updating chrome) and both before and after updating iOS 12.3 to 12.3.1

Desktop - same issues on my Mac (current version of Mac OS) with both chrome and safari. Windows 7 - not working in ie or chrome.

Never had this problem with all of the same systems pre site redesign.

I’m seeing the LifeMap but Node Hunter is no longer available for me after the update. Anyone else?

James - any ideas here? Sites been completely unusable for a month. Not sure what I’m paying for…

I was able to resolve by disconnecting mapmyrun and runkeeper accounts. Still crashes after doing that, but I searched for another user, clicked their lifemap, and then was able to view my own after.

Hmm… If you can reproduce the issue, can you open the JavaScript/Web Console & let me know if any errors (aside from any Error: WebGL warning entries) appear? (I’m sorry, but I don’t know the keyboard shortcuts for Windows. In Chrome, it might be in the View -> Developer menu … or in their little three-vertical-dot menu, under More Tools -> Developer Tools -> Console)

One recent update was to store activity maps in the browser storage (IndexedDB). I’m unsure if that could be part of the issue.

I think there are some issues with displaying very large amounts of data on the map, but I haven’t been able to reproduce it on my machine. :frowning_face:

@chase is there a particular page that has lost NodeHunter for you?

A lot of browsers will open the console using Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows.