I need your help with testimonials

When Covid hit my usual running routes were off limits. I decided to set a goal of running every street in my town. CityStrides allowed me to track my progress and identify streets I was missing. 3 days before the end of 2020 I hit my goal by completing 100% of my town! I couldn’t have done it without CityStrides.

Josh H.

2 Likes

I am so grateful for City Strides! I have been a member for a year today, and as of yesterday I completed my goal of walking every street, alley, and trail in my hometown. Over the past twelve months I have walked every single day, logged over 1300 kilometers, and dropped over 30 pounds. My confidence and fitness level have increased and my stress level has dropped. I have had an injured knee for years, but have seen significant improvements in the associated mobility, stamina, and pain. I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am for this website and for the motivation this program has provided me. I really believe it has changed my life! :heart:

7 Likes

My coworkers and I compete on CityStrides to make the most gains in our city, and as an added benefit we’ve found numerous quirky places we would likely have never discovered. Most importantly, it has made running fun. The competition and joy of discovering new places has encouraged me to run further and on bad weather days when it would have been easy to stay home.
The route building tool available to supporters works well and was a valuable component of my training. Being able to plan long runs that were safe loops with the correct mileage in new places allowed me to concentrate on enjoying the run and not worrying about how I was going to get back or running the same route every time.
I recommend CityStrides to everyone I meet in the local running community. Even if it impacts my ranking on the city leaderboard!

5 Likes

I’ll also add that James has provided a great system and interface. It’s so easy to use. His customer support is incredible. When there are questions in the forum he responds and when there are technical issues he has resolved them quickly and kept users informed of the situation.

2 Likes

I know it’s a long time after the initial post, but I assume there’s never a bad time for positive feedback!

I have never in my life been able to stick consistently with running until I used CityStrides. But now, entirely thanks to CityStrides, I’ve run consistent mileage every week for well over two years. Running the same route all the time gets boring for me, and I lose interest. But with CityStrides, every run is a new adventure, and I look forward to my run every day. I’ve gotten a whole new perspective on the places near where I live, and my work trips are way more enjoyable.

The website is very well-designed; it’s actually a lot of fun to explore. And it’s truly incredible how responsive (and nice!) James is whenever anyone has a question or request.

5 Likes

I was getting sick and tired of running, since I just rotated between 4 or 5 fixed routes. I bought myself a GPS watch which could suggest a route, but that just always routed me to one of the major roads in my city. I discovered CityStrides thanks to a colleague and was hooked ever since. I’ve started working towards the goal of running every street in my city and it has made my runs much more interesting. I run on more varied terrain and I got to know my city far better than before.

I also subscribed (mainly to support the excellent site) and I think it’s a nice addition to the free version of the site. The free version gives you the essentials to run every street in your city, the subscriber version gives you some nice extras to make planning the runs far less tedious. The node hunter and route planner in particular are two features I use when planning every run.

5 Likes

As someone who began their running journey a little late (at age 34, and I’m currently 36), I’ve relished using my running “practice” as a vehicle for exploring new places. The first time I opened my map of all captured runs via my CityStrides LifeMap, I felt like I was simultaneously opening a trophy case and a scrapbook filled with memories. All previous race medals and weathered race bibs on my wall seemed delightrully insignificant. More than speed or distance PRs, I never fail to get a kick from seeing a friend’s eyes bulge followed by a chuckle upon seeing my LifeMap. “Man, you’ve been busy!”

I continue to use CityStrides regularly to plot new routes, double-check past runs for overlooked sections (or even mid-run, on a few occasions – making a paid subscription worth it), or just when I need a confidence boost. It’s been such a positive motivator to look at my map, remind myself at what I’ve accomplished, and use that to propel myself into the next run or even simply the day’s tasks. It has been an incredible resource that has made my own “every single street” project that much more rewarding.

Ken Lane
Tulsa, OK

4 Likes