I need help with costs this month

:tired_face: :sweat: It looks like I’m going to spend about $1.5k out of pocket this month for this global data coverage project. If you’ve been thinking about becoming a Supporter, it would be REALLY great if you did that this month. :grimacing:

UPDATE:
I saw this post on Hacker News this morning. It turns out there was a billing display bug, and I’ve confirmed that my costs aren’t actually as high as I thought. It’s looking more like $750 out of pocket this month. It’s still a pile of money, but I don’t want to be misleading/inaccurate.
Thank you to everyone who is contributing - it’s a huge help!

1 Like

Yikes! I’ve been meaning to up my support so it sounds like a good time to do so. As soon as I can get logged back in, I will! Thanks again for all you do!

2 Likes

LOL of course the Strava issue makes it worse :laughing: :sob:

2 Likes

I’ll help with a one-time donation, but it may upset my access like it did last time, despite my monthly contributions.

2 Likes

I also made an extra one-time donation.
Hopefully it will save you time and money in the future with the new approach to data collection.

2 Likes

I just contributed a little extra too.Thanks for the work Jim!

1 Like

chipped in a little as well, will up it to a regular contribution at some stage…
btw, I think you should make a bigger deal of the node hunter functionality, I think it is impossible to even think about 100% completion without it, definitely worth paying for imo.

1 Like

I contribute monthly a small amount but can up that percentage a bit. If there’s a way to send an e-mail or notification to all users asking for a small donation (like Wikipedia does), I bet it’ll pay for itself between all the many dedicated users.

1 Like