Getting lots of notifications

I’m seeing a lot of notifications of progress. Cleared them all yesterday but today I see I have over 400 unread progress notifications showing on the notifications page. That seems a lot considering I only completed 2 streets yesterday !

I have 778 notifications!:scream:

Chiming in to agree that the notifications barraged me today, 123 at once, mostly about streets that were imported when I first joined CityStrides and from runs in cities I ran in more than 3+ years ago in some cases.

Oof! Thanks for reporting this!

I had a - probably related - issue with Twitter notifications being sent out way too much. I probably have to clean up the in-site notifications in the same way. I’ll figure this out as fast as I can.

There should only be a handful of notification types right now…

• activity deleted
  • city updated from OSM
  • milestone progress in a city (5, 10, 15, etc percent complete)

Phew…they just keep coming.

All ‘milestone progress’ but some of them are 0%?
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 09.48.47

Congratulations? :laughing:

The core issue is that I shoehorned this Notification code into the existing Twitter notification code … but I added it outside of the existing checks on:

• is the current percentage complete above the next “milestone” amount (5, 10, 15, etc)
  • is the previous notification earlier than today (eg handling two activities in one day that increase progress beyond a milestone)

The next release will add these checks, so you won’t get a notification for basically every city after every activity.

1 Like

OK, this should be all cleaned up now - including deletion of all existing “city progress” notifications.

Please do complain loudly if they’re still noisy.

2 Likes

Are people now receiving again their notifications for increasing their city percentage above the next milestone amount (5, 10, 15 etc) because I’m not getting mine? It has only been a few weeks though so maybe the next release that will bring them back is still on its way?