Completed and progressed showing 0 for old activities

No, I don’t have to change activity types. I also see that the streets completed progressed is not updating. Do I need some patience for that? Tomorrow morning I will be uploading a new run, see how that will go

Yeah, @amckeever2 , it looks like it was due to the backend work…

@JamesChevalier: I have 2 new runs in strava but don’t see them in citystrides. The same issue, or am I to impatient. I also noticed the percentage per site is not updated

Ok - sounds like there’s something going on with their webhooks (I’m supposed to be alerted immediately after the activity is created in Strava).

I don’t think there is anything you can do here. Don’t disconnect/reconnect your account, since that will completely delete everything here in CityStrides & it’ll have to be rebuilt. I want to point that out because others have tried it in the past, then had to wait for the full resync. :anguished:

I’ll have to re-enable the daily sync job and get in touch with Strava support.

1 Like

Wow, heavy. OK, good luck with solving this with strava. But this should not only be happening to me, right?

I can’t tell - it requires people emailing me or posting here to inform me that hey have missing activities. I might just manually sync your account in order to see if more people show up with complaints…

I use Runkeeper and my runs aren’t appearing on CityStrides until the next day, regardless if I run in the morning or after work. Then the percentages don’t update until 2 days after the run. Up until a couple days ago it was taking about 3 days for a run to appear, but I knew the system was working itself through, so I didn’t bother saying anything. I will say I do miss the Sync Now button, but it’s wasn’t such a big deal to say anything.

In order to be able to evenly scale up as more and more people sign up, I have the system set up to split the users into 48 groups - one for every half hour in a day. Every half hour it synchronizes its group of users. So if I had 48 users, it would only process 1 person every half hour … at 2,400 users it would process 50 people every half hour … automatically growing like that.
Your account must be in one of the groups that run sometime after you typically run and before you check the site the next day.

I really really hate that extra day or two wait for the street complete/progress calculation. That thing needs to be fixed - there’s no reason for that bit to be delayed so long.

Just a follow up from my run the other day: it has marked the streets as progressed but says none of them were completed. I know I finished a lot of them. You’ve got a ton going on with the site, so I’m patient. But just letting you know in case it might help with whatever maintenance work you are doing.

2 Likes

I registered myself on Friday and for the moment I have no progress or activities processed. I used Strava to sign up and I have around 140 runs in my profile. I can read here, in this very post, that you are quite busy now but I just wanted to let you know above the problem. Love your idea!

If it has something to do with my privacy settings, please, tell me.

I notice the same update pattern as amckeever2. For example my run from yesterday

• Sync run to Strava around 2PM Eastern Standard Time
  • Activity on Citystrides shows 0 streets progressed, 0 roads completed
  • 1 day later at 9AM Citiystrides shows 18 streets completed, 14 streets progressed.
  • I anticipate that by end of day or tomorrow that the percentage for my town will go up by 2 or 3%.0 (It seems to go up 1% for every 7-8 streets completed in my town with 743 streets)
  • The last thing to update seems to be the ranking for a particular town. I recently took the lead for the town of Maynard when I went from 86% complete to 87% complete but I still showed 2nd place for a few days.