Completed and progressed showing 0 for old activities

Hi,

I was just having a look through as I think ones are missing and nearly everything for 2016 shows as 0 and 0.
I was run commuting a lot of the time, so most have made some progress somewhere surely?

Is this a bug?

My Profile is jamie clode - CityStrides

Yes, this is a known bug. :worried:
I know what the problem is, itā€™s just a matter of getting the time to work it out. Iā€™m hoping to have this fixed up soon.

Thanks James,

Any work around I can do, or is there a way to help? Do you know what the actual issue is? So for example do my current overall achievement stats not include data from before a set date?

Cheers

Yeah, whatā€™s happpening is the system is ingesting old activities & it uses two API calls - one for the activity and one for the gps points. That second call is sometimes failing due to rate limits.

I have some code that will back fill those, but I want to resolve the issue first.
This does mean that your stats donā€™t reflect that old data yet. Once I clean up old activities everything will fall into place & report properly.

Thank you James, do you have a rough timeline on this? Appreciate this is a free product, but the value is in the accuracy.

I would like to have this whole problem behind me by the end of this month.

1 Like

Hi James, probably you are working hard on the topic of syncing old runs/walks, any update on that?

A bit, yes - I believe Iā€™ve solved the underlying issue. We shouldnā€™t end up with partial activities any more (stuff with no map).

I still have to go back and resync the old activities. I have an idea on how to do that, but I have to dance around API limits. Iā€™m hopeful that Iā€™m going to have this sorted out on the days/couple weeks timescale.

Wow, thanks for that effort. It was/is really difficult planning my citystrides runs without all those older runs visible.i hope to see a lot of more doodles on the lifetime map soon.

Hey @welshygunner & @petje - Iā€™m expecting to be done reprocessing your activities today.

ā€¦trying to go through each of these ā€˜where are my activitiesā€™ threads & give an update with the good news :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazing news, thank you. Look forward to seeing ho my % looks later then.
Apologies there are soo many.

James,

Any update on the resync of old stuff? I know I have runs without maps. For example I know that at least March 23-30th have no maps.

Dave

Iā€™ve got a system going right now thatā€™s working through all 200k+ activities that need to be reprocessed. I think I estimated that to take almost two weeks to finish.

If I get a chance tomorrow, Iā€™ll pause that and run just your activities through.

Ok, that is useful info. @JamesChevalier, does this mean there wonā€™t be updates on recent runs for the coming 2 weeks?
Not a realproblem when you know what is going on, but it would help addicted citystride runners if you would post a information message somehow in this kind of actions/situations.

Good luck with getting all in sync

It might affect the overall speed of completed/progressed streets, but thatā€™s about it.
Iā€™m reprocessing old activities in small batches every fifteen minutes, so it shouldnā€™t cause too much trouble.

itā€™s affecting the update of my new runs/walks all right. In the starting page of your site I see all kind of more recent runs passing of other athletes, but since friday my latest runs are still not there. I thought it was because of that reprocessing you are doing.

Thatā€™s odd ā€¦ The Strava webhook should have notified me of those immediately. :frowning:

I just started a sync for your account, so those will start to come in now. It still might take a while to fully complete, because of all the other ongoing work.

Whatā€™s your process for tracking/creating your activities? Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s anything different that might cause Strava not to send an alert for your finished activitiesā€¦

I always sync the same. Register with polar m600 and while uploading polar flow syncs with strava. I add a title and sometimes pics. Thatā€™s it. Thanks for pushing my registrations.

Do you ever have to modify the activity type after it gets into Strava, like from ā€œcyclingā€ to ā€œrunningā€?

Let me know if you go out for another run/walk & CiryStrides doesnā€™t have the activity in there within a couple hoursā€¦

I went for a run this morning and the roads havenā€™t processed yet. I figured it is just slower because of the backend work going on. But let me know if there is something different I need to do.

Thanks for all of your work. I love the site.